• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
So, is the 3-4th the date? Where are we looking for locations?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I've looked at all the dates. There's something going on every weekend, but 8/4 would be the best date for the poker run. A group of us will need to arrive on 8/3 to lay out the course.

I cc'd you on a message to RM_guy. Id like to donate all the proceeds to that mx'r he knows that was recently paralyzed.

We have planned on having the poker run at weimedog's place over in Courtland, NY. Insurance is our biggest dilemma right now. It'd be best if we could get AMA insurance ASAP as we would be able to get the event listed in the AMA magazine. The only other route (that I can see) is hiring an attorney to draft a liability release form.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I just replied to your email Bill. I agree that if we are going to do this we need to get the ball rolling more quickly.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
August is still good. We cut some more trail until the rains of last week just turned everything into a swamp. Today the top half is dry enough to ride and work so the kids will be out. (Top half is about 5-6 miles now) I have to fix some wash damage. Very wet spring. How is the rest of the North East?

If we are going to do this it might make sence for a couple of DRNer's to decide the best way to connect the trails into a loop...my kids and I can do most of the rest relative to trail building, placing arrows. I think I can get tape for feild sections. What type of post is recomended for tape? T-post? (They seem brutal if you hit them)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
What type of post is recomended for tape?
Regular old 3 foot by inch square or 3/4" x 1-1/2" stuff. You can usually buy bundles of this at lumber yards or Home Depot. You want something that's sturdy enough to be driven into the ground, but will still "give" when someone smacks into it. I've used some made from oak that seemed to do the job.

Use a stake driver instead of a hammer. You can make one from a 2' length of 2-1/2" or 3" pipe.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
ANYTIME AT THE END OF AUGUST WOULD SUFFICE MY NEED..THANKS GUYS FOR ORGANIZING...

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
So far we put together a 6 mile loop in the upper sections of the place. There are 4 or 5 miles of additional trail that may dry out in time. Also there is around 60 acres of woods just waiting to be turned into single track trails. Just a matter of time and hands. I had a couple of woodsracer.com folks over cutting trail this weekend. We cleaned up 3-4miles and then rode for 2 hours to groove it in.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It looks like this is going to be more of a fun ride/barbeque at Weimedog's place on the 4th of August for DRNers. Does everyone want to bring their own food of pay money for food or what?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Now we connected a measured eight of the ten miles in a loop. We added a mile of grass track and about 1/2 mile of woods single track to connect things up different. Rest is through log roads. Could build another few miles of deep woods single track if time allows. Also could add a couple of miles of MUD riding...The 8miles is mostly just dry with a few "tacky spots". Can keep a clean machine clean on that 8 mile loop. We mowed a ten acre field about a mile off the main road for parking.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
It looks like this is going to be more of a fun ride/barbeque at Weimedog's place on the 4th of August for DRNers. Does everyone want to bring their own food of pay money for food or what?

Doesn't matter to me, might be easier to buy if we have a "volunteer" cook or two. As far as the stakes for the trail markers go, I can rip up a whole bunch of them out of 3/4" plywood from work, at least that's 1 less expense. I'm in Canastota, NY, about 15 min. east of Syracuse, so I'm close enough to run them down to Cortland, if you guys want 'em, let me know how many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom