MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
I don't know what the heck is going on at the DNR, but as of last weekend, there was no indication at the WV trail head that anything was going on with the unwarranted closure for 42% of the year.

I have wondered if folks will show up on the first closed weekend and find the DNR posse blocking the gate.

Myself and my kids are going to suit up and head out to WV Sunday morning. If the trails are open, I'll have a nice ride with my two daughters. If the trails are closed I'll help SMC and NMA man the info booth at the trail head. I think there would be some pretty sad little girls sitting with me. :| :whiner: :whiner:

The DNR has some splainin' to do and SMC and NMA will be there to explain the facts.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
WV is closed. The DNR weasels didn't have the guts to show up, but they sent an enforcement officer.

Dimwits don't have proper signs yet. Just paper photocopies. :|

The trails are closed to everyone except "pedestrians". At least now we will get support from the MTB guys as well.

The enforcement officer is an ok guy, BTW. We hung out all day. He'd talk to the folks and explain that the trails are closed. Then I'd walk up and get them to sign the petition going to the DNR.

Attachments

• walker valley closure 001x.jpg
    walker valley closure 001x.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 207

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
good work mace! I got a response from Sunderlands office to my query on the closure and I sent it along to Tory along with my response. I hope more affected parties will email or contact the dnr so they can get a clearer picture of how many users they are affecting

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
The NMA has requested that we abate the barrage of communication directed at Sutherlands department pending the outcome of the meeting.

Perhaps we got his attention. ;)

Top Bottom