yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I'm moving back to Dallas on Tuesday, and my dad is off until Wednesday so we're going riding. Anybody game? Destination is still undecided.

I don't think I want to go to Muenster, I'd like to try something different. Anybody have any suggestions? What about this Kiamichi place? Are the trails marked and relatively easy to follow (as in, Will we get lost in the middle of nowhere)? Do you need a spark arrestor?

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I might be interested, but I'm somewhat limited in my weekday destinations. I don't have the day off, so it would need to be at least within an hour of here for me to get an afternoon ride in.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Proxy said:
I might be interested, but I'm somewhat limited in my weekday destinations. I don't have the day off, so it would need to be at least within an hour of here for me to get an afternoon ride in.

That pretty much only leaves Marshall Creek....

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I think that is federal land at Kiamichi (Talimena). It is part of the Ouachita National Forest. I think spark arrestors are manditory.

I have some vacation time coming and I could be switching jobs soon. If I do switch jobs, I will have to cash out or use the vacation time. I might be able to do a trip but next week is a little early. I think this new job is in the bag but when it happens, it happens.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Damn. I guess I better not take a chance. Is that place near Paris open yet?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Looks like Muenster will probably be the destination of choice. Anybody else interested?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Eric, don't worry about the spark arrestor. I've ridden there many times without one. Never even saw another rider let alone anybody that would give me a ticket. Don't get me wrong; if you can get an SA, you should. But I wouldn't let that keep me away until I got one.

Top Bottom