ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Just read a bunch of the dirtweek threads. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Has anyone ever tried organizing something for us left-coasters? BTW, congradulations to Speedy for her podium finish!:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oklahoma is as close to the coast as we'll get ..
Check for Places To Ride forum for get togethers in your area.

Some of you guys will just have to cowboy-up and drive (my haul will be 13 hours next year) ... lots of folks do. Having members from all over the country (and others) is one of the things that make DW so much fun. The way I see it, Oklahoma is right in the middle of the country and has Cooperland, the dirtbike Disneyland...

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
ktmboy, I go to Glen Helen every Tues. and Thurs. morning ( when my bike is in one piece) , I'll be there next Sat. if all go's well also.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If I went to Glen Helen it would be to spectate! My bike has lights on it. Need I say more? The Oklahoma thing could be tempting if someone were willing to partner up. We'll see.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Shhh- you gotta stop telling people I'm old. No one can tell when my helmet's on, remember. Besides, what goes around comes around. It won't be long before the young pups start making fun of you!:p
And BTW, I am younger than 89er. He was around during the original 4-stroke fad, remember? (No offense 89er, it just means you're more experienced!)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ol'ktmboy/man?

Nice disclaimer. Remember what they say about paybacks.;) Also, everyone already makes fun of LT.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:p

We should all start planning for DW2002. Only takes one day to get there if you have more than one driver. We could all caravan and put elk in the lead vehicle. Be sure to bring your badge elk.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ya' all quit yer whimperin', suck it up and drive your old lazy butts out there! :p
Believe me guys, it is weeeeell worth it. Oklahoma is not that far in the grand scheme of things. This makes 2 years in a row now that I have driven 36+ hours to attend this event. A measly 17-20 (whatever it is to Cooperland) is a walk in the park! ;)
Ol'89 you DO NOT want to miss the next one. I can personally guarantee you would have an amazing time. You simply cannot deprive the rest of the non-cali DRNrs of meeting you any longer. :)

BTW, thanks ktmboy. :) Don't worry, your 'secret' is safe with me. ktmboy is really just a punk kid, I swear. :confused:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
It'd only be about 23 hours to Cooperland from Santa Barbara. I made it from OKC to SB in 22.5 hours by myself. Well, I did have a dog to keep me company but she didn't drive any!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thanks for the laugh guys!:)
I'm all for "The California Crew in 2002!" Let's keep posted on it, and try to plan it!:D

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
NO WAY JOSE! I saw "Clash of the Titans"!:p

if you haven't see that movie, I should be safe

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks Speedy. ;)

Ol'ktmboy/man? I like "The California Crew in 2002!" Thats a good one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom