70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
West side fellows how much of that white fluffy stuff do you have on the ground over there? It's been sixteen day since I've been on the Berg. TV super cross & bench racing just isn't cutting it for me :coocoo: My Outlaws just returned from Higgins lake and said there isn't much snow on the ground up their. I checked the weather report and it say's 17 degrees for Sunday a regular heat wave! But on a side note, it forecasted to snow most of the week. :pissed:

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
There is WAAYY Too much snow on the ground for me. Brrrr........

Yea Yzman... aka ride in any condition.... yzman is saying Brrrrrr.....

It was 80 deg and sunny this morning in Orlando Florida. I hop a few planes and it is 15 degrees and snowing. What kind of sick joke is this?? Its bloody cold out there.

But like you I will probably be looking to get a ride in this weekend, as spending over a week hanging out with big eared mice has pretty much drained what little sanity I had left. The ground outside my house is looking to be maybe 2" deep. You can usually double that for CC.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
phfffffffft 17 degrees it was a balmy -9 degrees this morning, just cold enough to freeze your nose hairs when you breath hehehe. :yikes: im glad im working inside today and tomorrow :yeehaw:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
The one REALLY nice thing about it is that it IS mid Janurary!!! SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY!!!! :yeehaw:
Welcome home Don and thanks for bringing some heat back with you - those minus zero temps were getting OLD!!!
I spoke with Ted night before last and if you guys are wanting to ride this weekend SO IS HE!!! All he needs is a phone call!!
Post a ride and I will call him!!
Marlinberg, I must say, I think that pretty Berg is even PRETTIER in the snow!!!! :worship:
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
As much as I would love to ride this weekend I may end up passing on this one. I really need to get off my duff and do some bike mantenance on the ol YZ400. She is in dire need of a valve adjustment and oil change. I have put it off long enough. I think this is gonna be the weekend to dive into it.

Then after the yz, it is Skippy's turn under the knife. Skippy is getting a valve check also, and a new set of rings.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Right now I'm on the fence? I really like to head that way. And maybe do a nice wide trail like CC. It's wide enough that even if the quads have been out there still plenty of room to run one of the ruts. Hey woodsy you couldn't take a little ride up to CC and give me a little parking lot report? Fluffy snow I'll ride crusty stuff I'd pass on. Any of the other gang want to ride? chris, randy etc I'd hate to have Ted drive all the way up here for not?

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I'm back in operation here and ready to go. Give me a day, time and place.

Young Ted

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
I went through CC on the sled last night. About 10" of fluff on the ground. The snow was light and not packing at all. It didn't look like anyone had been on the ORV trails at all.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I wont be riding this weekend. I have to get new tires installed on the truck Sat Morning. That and the YZ is going to get some maintance done on it starting this weekend.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ted, Momma has given me her blessing's to go riding :yeehaw: How about Sunday 10am at CC. Are you up for some deep snow action, we could have over 12" by the time we get up there? I wonder if we could get Chris to show up. Anybody have his phone number? The temp is only supose to be like 7 degrees. :eek:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I wonder if we could get Chris to show up. Anybody have his phone number?

Chris # (231) 828-5612
He is going to a party Sat night at Ludington (I'll be there also). Dont know what shape he will be in in the morning. But more than likley if you call him he will ride.

Sun @ 10:00am huh??? You are really twisting my arm. I soo need to work on the yz.. Work on bike..ride...Work on bike...ride........Hmmmmm

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
OK Marlinberger - here ya go.....
From today around 4pm.. The first pic is of the trail as it crosses Ryerson Rd. to the east of the road leading into Cedar.. Notice NO quads or snowmobiles have been on it!!
The second pic is of my tape measure showing that there is just under 10 inches of snow on the trail!

Attachments

• Jan20315.JPG
    Jan20315.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Jan20316.JPG
    Jan20316.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 83

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
The 1st pic here is of the entrance into Cedar.. Snowmobiles have been the only things on this "road" and I am not really sure whether or not it would be driveable in a 2 wheel drive vehicle (my car wouldnt make it). I couldnt get back to the trail head to see its condition - not really sure that it would be possible to turn around in there!!
The second pic is of the trail head at the New Holton Loop on Brunswick (sp). It appears that a 4 wheel drive truck did make it into this one!!

Attachments

• Jan20317.JPG
    Jan20317.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Jan20319.JPG
    Jan20319.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 90

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
First pic here is just a teaser for all you yaaaahoooos!! Just thought it would help us all get over the winter blahhhhhhhs :rotfl:
Second pic is a snow measurement of the entrance into the Holton Loop Trail Head.. This showed a little over 14 inches :yikes:
Well, I hope this all helps in the decision making of trying for a ride! Any other questions - feel free to ask!!!!
Woodsy

Attachments

• Jan20318.JPG
    Jan20318.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Jan20320.JPG
    Jan20320.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 89

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
YZMAN400 said:
Chris # (231) 828-5612
He is going to a party Sat night at Ludington (I'll be there also). Dont know what shape he will be in in the morning. But more than likley if you call him he will ride.

Sun @ 10:00am huh??? You are really twisting my arm. I soo need to work on the yz.. Work on bike..ride...Work on bike...ride........Hmmmmm

Come YZ'er How many chances are you going to get to ride 14" or more of powder in 7 degree weather? :coocoo: That bike will wait. This may be the last chance to ride. Once that snow stiffness up or gets packed down, it will be totally un-rideable. Last winter I rode that much snow on my little Hare scramble loop (1 mile loop with gravel pit hill) the fluff was a blast.
Woodsy or anyone: From the looks of the road into the parking area, we will be parking out on Ryerson road.
Ted I’ll need a call from you! Call my Cell phone Friday or Saturday night.

If anyone’s up for (The Snow Ball Run) :yikes: PM me or give me a call on my cell 517-812-4676 or during work hours, page me 734-936-6266 pager 4342 M thru F 6am to 2:30pm Saturday 5am till 1pm

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You could stage at Twisting Trail Snowmobile club and ride a little snowmobile trail to Cedar Creek. That is what I would probably do if I rode. The Snowmobile club parking lot is always plowed. And it is just a few 2-tracks away from Cedar.

Not sure what the Snowmobilers would think of bikers intruding on there parking lot. But I am guesing that they wouldn't mind too much. More than likley they would just look at us like we are a little off in the head for riding in the snow :coocoo:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Pat - I'll give you a call about 6 PM Saturday. There is nothing wrong with being 14 inches in snow. If you like smaller numbers, make it 1.17 feet.

Young Ted

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
You could stage at Twisting Trail Snowmobile club and ride a little snowmobile trail to Cedar Creek. That is what I would probably do if I rode. The Snowmobile club parking lot is always plowed. And it is just a few 2-tracks away from Cedar.
The snowmobile trail is snowmobiles only unless it goes down an actual road. They have been trying to catch someone out there that has been 4 wheeling down the snowmobile trail. I think when you went to unload bikes in their parking lot that they would give you the boot. The road going into the parking lot from Ryerson was not that bad Wednesday night. If you have four wheel drive it shouldn't be a problem. I think I would just park on the right hand side right on top the hill.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
Yzman you should come on sunday, don't forget you new years resolution. :ride: My be you should just stud-up the 250X I'd like to see that thing in action. A local dealer has eight 05's in stock and only one or two of anything else, that bike must be pretty sweet. :yeehaw: Anyway I'm head up north now, I'll be at tincup at 9am on sat and cc on sunday( I already talked to Pat).

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
While I would love to ride, the X isn't going to see the snow. Not just yet anyways. It's cleaned up too pretty now to take it out and get it all nasty.

Sunday we will see. depends if I get my valves shimmed tonight.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Make sure to take a bunch of pics for the rest of us!

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey Pat, if you get this before heading out, I saw late last night that the N/NW part of the state was under a winter storm warning. There may be more snow that you were expecting.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Muskegon got hammered with snow again last night. About another 8" of snow and still coming down.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom