Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
If all things go well I am finally going to be able to start riding again on the 14th of Feb (following knee reconstruction and lengthy recovery). My 2006 KDX200 has been sitting in my garage since I bought it second hand in late June, and as it only had 20hrs on it since new there really wasn't anything urgent to do so I have been slowly pulling it appart and re-greasing it. Today I pulled the back end, swing arm and suspension off and I am applying new grease to all the important bits. Other than the shock horror of finding NO grease applied to any of the shafts or axles from the factory I must say this bike is a pleasure to work on. I know most people here already know that, but I just had to say it anyway. I bought Racetech springs for the forks to suit my rapidly decreasing weight (I'm on a diet to get ready for riding, I've lost 30 lbs so far) and an FMF Gnarly woods pipe too. I won't fit the pipe or springs until I have ridden it a few times as I really want to see how much difference it makes. Late last February I talked a friend of mine into selling his trials bike and buying something he could go riding with me on. He bought a 93 KDX200 and then I stuffed my knee so we haven't been riding yet. It will be interesting to do a back to back comparison of these 2 bikes and I am sure looking forward to riding again, although my friend will probably smoke me now :(

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
heal up fast... :cool:

Top Bottom