The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
There are a lot of people at thumper talk, this one seems more layed back, if someone could sneek some over, then this room will fill up...

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
If thumpertalk had never opened up to 2 strokers then dirtrider wouldn't of lost as much activity as it has. But still overall the amount of all forums activity has been going down with the economy.
Yeup, Hopefully the economy snaps back into shape, just need to educate people about the good thing called capitalism, yeup its not perfect, but it beats the alternative, too bad the schools are preaching the bad stuff....

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Wow I can believe this stretched out for 2 years. Still haven't been out on the dirt bike in like 6 years now. Pretty much stopped once my son went into the Air Force. Between work, going back to school and working on my old car all the motorcycles have been neglected.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Life is crazy. Someone just linked a thread from 04 to a facebook group (KTMtalk) I'm in. Still ride when I can, but can't every weekend like I used to. I get 1 to 2 rides a month usually. Did a lap around Barnwell last weekend on the 300. Wife rides as well, but she is laid up with a shoulder injury at the moment. Still race an enduro or two here and there. Have not been here in a while. The majority of the forums I was on don't see a lot of traffic.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
About what happened to this place? Okie listed a bunch of things....... I don't know what he was talking about, I just got stuck on the word old. _BGRIN_

My goal this year is to participate in a race. I am riding my bicycle to try to get in shape and I first hope to just finish a race. I love motorcycles and no one can ever take that away from me.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I turned 61 this past Saturday. I haven't been on a track in probably ten years but I still ride street and dual-sport. Commuting during the week, d-s riding on weekends.

sideways

Jun 6, 2020
reading you folks posts on this thread make me wish I had been here long before now. I used to be a member of a forum that I felt the same way about, when the founder passed I lost a very dear friend...... even though we had never met face to face. I can see those feelings in some of the posts here and that feeling of family is what makes a forum IMHO. I don't do facebook, twitter or any other social media so if you guy's and gal's will hang around and teach I for one will be here to listen and will pass it on to boot. I have 2 grandson's chomping at the bits as we speak.... uhhh, type.

sideways

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
After 3 years, I guess I can add my 2 cents into this thread also. I haven't done much riding the past few years since getting bucked off the 450 and suffering through a broken sternum around 10 years ago. After healing from that, I still spent some time working with Lost Trails making more single track, then repairing the single track after the ATVs decided to try it, but never really got back into riding like I used to.

I guess I can thank this pandemic for getting me back on the bike, since I was bored sitting home, and what better way to social distance than on the trails. So I tuned up the 97 Jack Piner KTM and headed off to the trails a few times. It felt great to be back out, so I figured after 23 years it was time for a new bike. 2 months later and I'm loving the new KTM. So now that I'm back out on the trails at least once a week if not more, I also hope to be back checking in here more often. And if anybody is up for a ride in the eastern PA area, let me know.

Old bike vs new, notice the fender stickers have withstood the test of time too.
IMG_20180616_130025.jpg
IMG_20200620_102627.jpg

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Dan! Thanks for reaching out. Looking forward to a ride this summer. WayneO messaged me to and wants to ride too! Maybe it can be like old times just slower

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It is a very nice view in the KTM picture. Right behind the bike is huge drop off, about 400 to 500 feet. Crapped my pants the first time I rode up to the edge, not realizing what was there...or wasn't there_WHA_

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
That's why I'm trying to get you up there Dave, I want somebody to lean over the edge to see what is there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Speaking of old goats...do you think you might honor Dan and me with your presence on a ride in the Spring?? =)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've been fighting kidney stones, no chance to ride until this is better. Had them blasted last week and I'm still pretty sore.

Top Bottom