Whats the best hop up to do to my Gasgas EC 250

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
I just bought a 02 EC 250 and I know a lot of good hop ups are out there but which gives you the best bang for your buck

exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
seems to be a lot of hype about the power now mod.every body is saying its the best mod for the money(about 100 bucks).theres a post in here all about it.

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
Well I have a scott steering damper and I have the Ohlin front forks , I was thinking of the jetting kit but one of the local gasgas guys says the ignition is diffrent in the Canadian version of the EC 250 and that the kit isnt that good " I don't know if I should believe him or not " . As for how it preforms ... well I wont know till next week. I just traded my 01 EC 200 for it and I have to grease everything and change all the fluids before I give it a whirl

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
T-bone, the jet kit does work well on Canadian models. The key seems to be the needle. The main and pilot are pretty straight forward and could easily be done without the kit (in fact in the EC200 I installed one on, I had to change the main from the kit as it was too lean).

As for the comments on suspension, all are correct. I beleive it is the key element, sorry I didn't mention it, but was assuming you were speaking of motor mods.

Be sure to give us an update on how the bike is after your first ride. I understand the Ohlins fork takes some time to break in, so expect it to be a little stiff ;)

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
The only place a "jap bike" could beat my 200 is on a motocross track. if you don't believe me .... you could bring your big strong 250 out for a little ride in the wood and see how long it takes befor you get left behind

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by T-Bone
I just bought a 02 EC 250 and I know a lot of good hop ups are out there but which gives you the best bang for your buck
Hop-ups? Who needs hop-ups, just twist your right wrist! ;)

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
OK OK I think I should not use the words "HOP UPS" what I mean is anything that I should do for a more hassle free ride ie: getting the suspention just right or making sure the nut holding the pipe on dosn't rub a hole throught the gas tank " like it was "

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I had my suspension done and a steering damper along with MSR hand gaurds. On tires rear - Mich. S-12, front Dun. 756. I think those items somewhat basic.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Put some anti-sieze on your triple clamp pinch bolts threads and brake caliper pins threads. Seal the sheath on your throttle cable with some stretch tape where it starts at around the gas tank (keeps water from going down it into your carb when you wash the bike). Get some radiator braces. Get a rear brake rotor guard. Adjust you fork fluid if needed.

Shawn '01 XC 250

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
In BC you'll need a 32 OZ flywheel weight to get four stroke like traction with all the benefits of a two stroke! It takes a spacer on the ignition cover, but stalling, and climbing technical hills will not be a problem.

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
:whiner: ooo that HURT !!!!
Had that EC 200 for two years and that was the only problem that I had since day one and could never get rid of. you going to the poker run ?

Hurricane901

~SPONSOR~
Aug 24, 2001
It is a honour to talk to the mighty T-Bone, and now with you on the 250 we shall all be eating your dust. And yes I will be at the Poker Run, It will be my pleasure to shine your boots, Oh great one.

Hurricane901

~SPONSOR~
Aug 24, 2001
Cam, do you have any numbers on your bike? Whats Mac riding? Look for white 901 on red background, drop by and say hi. And if you feel fast we'll kick T-Bone's butt!!!!!!

Shawn1

Jul 4, 2001
I'll give you a couple tips.
Buy a airbox cover for a cr125/250 and a pipe plug. will make washing your bike easy and can spray out the airbox with a hose.
Ditto on the anti-sieze especially anything that bolts into aluminum.
You can make your kickstand stay down by making a tab to attach the spring to at the upper bolt.
Make a spacer for the rubber carb manifold clamps. The clamps are attached at the bottom but have a tendancy to slip towards each other on top. Take a piece of metal and drill two holes the distance you want to keep the clamps apart and then put it behind the screw heads. It will seal better and not come loose.
If you want a comfortable seat, use Gutz medium for a 94-98 KX250. The top profile is perfect except a little long on the tank and is wider on top and worlds more comfortable. It requires you to hog out the shape of the GG seat base in the bottom and that takes time to get it right but it is worth it. I did it on my 01 and took my seat with me when I got my 03. Change oil often and drain your power valve cover. Just take out the lower bolt if it's the stock cover and the spooge will run right out. That's all I can think of for now.

Hurricane901

~SPONSOR~
Aug 24, 2001
Cam, do you have any numbers on your bike? Whats Mac riding? Look for white 901 on red background, drop by and say hi. And if you feel fast we'll kick T-Bone's butt!!!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom