Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Hey all.. Sorry for the month Long hiatus..

Ok DW.. I want thank evryone of My DRN faimly who attneded and contributed to the great time we had there. I espically want to thank AJ for the AF.. Rich for the 125, Moto X sparks for the KX(My god you should have seen the bruise on my inner thigh.. I guess the one on my head is not as big a deal.) Billy your 400 was cool and next time we have a suspension Seminar try not to ride around handling problems.. :) Eddie, GoSpeed thanks for your food.. I can eat anyone out of house and home, as you now know..

Okie, Scooter, Thanks very much for having me... I wish I could have stayed longer.

In the weeks leading up to the DW Jeff Cernic asked MXTECS and I to do Jeff Gibsons suspension for the reminder of the Fall classic series.. We've been campaighing (traveling to many SX and MX nationals etc..) very hard this last year for a shot a top level rider. Our opertunity had presented itself.. Meanwhile Shaggy had lined a potentinal intrest from Clark Stiles who had gone 10-9 at the last MX national..

Keeping it in the Faimly..

As always our team approach made even more sence as upon further Conversation Chad Newton of total control had spent many of his ameuter days racing with both Clark and Jeff..Things where looking good..

We had everything set-up for the Birch Creek round however as I was getting things ready durning the week the terible attack on our country began.. (I can't wait to till we bring the stupid fundametlists Sheite muslins to justice.. for a funny down load try this web site.. Go with maximum carnage.. ( www.fieler.com/terror))

I spent a good portion of time trying to get a flight out but it was not to be.. So I missed the round.. The following week was DW, I had to cut it short as I had to get to The Redbud round. We got in on Saturday and got set-up.. It was a bad day raied all sunday and Jeff and Clark had some challaging mud rides. The races where calncled after the first Moto's so we did not get much testing in. What was worse yet as we exsperinced some techincal difculties, when they where jumping the gigantic Larocco's Leap. I spent all night sunday and monday reengineering these guys set-ups so we would have no further problems.

Durning this last week things went great, and Several top riders showed up including Nick Wey, Kelley Smith, Mason, etc.. Jeff and Clark had some awesome motos and the suspension exceeded there exspecataions. I can't teel you how cool it was watching my guys passing, or battleing with Smith and Nick Wey.. It was one of the coolest moments in career as a suspension builder thus far and to come back and here that stuf had worked better than full works suspension was a real peice of cake..

I don't know what will happen this next year, I'm hopeing that we can postion ourselves in a way that can benifit Jeff and Clark and still meet our goals as well. I realy hoping that if the right things happen the riders will be on WP suspension regardless of what they ride. Overall It's been a real pleasure working with both riders, and they have contributed to our program emmensiley allready with the testing data we've gathered. So we will see what the future holds.. The challanges they have thrown me have caused me to rethink some major suspension design aspects, I'll be sharing some of these things with you over time... I can honestly that the Pheno-type of the symptoms (or aftermath) are nothing like I have ever seen..

Regards,
Jer

PS.. this weekend I'll be runninng another Marathon.. Literally.. the only problem I have run a mile in 3 weeks :eek:

Attachments

• jeff.jpg
    jeff.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Top Bottom