Which bike is best for tall rider,02 KX or YZ 250

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I am 6'3" tall and looking for a new bike. How do these bikes compare, roominess, sitting and standing?
I will be using the bike mainly for trail riding. I currently ride a KDX 220 and it feels vary cramped.

Steve47

Nov 23, 2001
If you're tall, go with a KX or a CR. I can't get confortable on a YZ cause they're too small. The seat to footpeg distance is very small. The 02 YZ are not as bad as the older one but still feel small to me.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
That's a pretty general statement to make, 125s are not always taller than 250s.

The new CRs have roomy ergos, but being tall, you will notice that the bike feels very low.. And the footpegs feel high. This makes sitting-standing transitions less effortless.

The KX is the roomiest of the Japanese bikes that I've ridden. I'm 6'5 and the ergonomics fit me the best. I ended up going with a tall seat foam to make it even taller but I would do that to any bike.

If you will consider, take a look at the KTM. It is by far the roomiest and tallest of the new machines, with top quality components and excellent performance to boot.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
The new CRs have roomy ergos, but being tall, you will notice that the bike feels very low.. And the footpegs feel high. This makes sitting-standing transitions less effortless.

You took the owrds right out of my mouth Cam.

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I should have some details after this holiday weekend, I will have had some good seat time by then.

Thanks
Scott

Top Bottom