Who has a 02CR250 W/Vforce? Help

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
I just bought a vforce 2 for my 2002 cr250. I took off my old reed cage and tried to put this one on, but the rubber boot that is on the carb interferes with the vforce and they dont go together. My vforce came with no instructions. Do I have to modifiy my boot? Or did they send my the wrong reed cage? HELP!!!!!

ELSINORE_45

Feb 27, 2002
Yes you will need to cut off the stuffers ,which are the 2 rubber tabs sticking out ,you cant miss em . What you need to do is take the stock rubber manifold and the stock reed cage assy. Bolt it togther with a spacer {washer}in betweenn the reed cage and the rubber manifold ,so there is a space just wide enough to fit a hack saw blade between the too. The gap between the cage and the rubber manifold ,acts as the guide to make the cutting of the rubber tabs a easy task . You will use the stock manifold bolts and get some nuts that fit em 2 will work, 2 washers {spacers}. Now cut through the rubber ,until they fall off . Thats it now your v -force will fit perfectly 8).Also set the reed tension on low settinng , they come stock in high setting ,so losson the screws and slide the reed stop foward, there will be a gap at the top of the screw set. This setting will improve your bottom end olot more then in the high tension setting, try the two different settings it really depends on what you are looking for, but no matter what the v-force will incress performance in either position over the stock cage all togther. I hope this might help you out ,thats if you can decipher these so called instructions. {Decoder ring optional} 8) lol ... good luck n ride safe .........elsi_45

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
That sounds pretty easy. I always hate to butcher my stock stuff since it cost so much to replace, but in the name of performance I will have to. Thanks else45.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i found it MUCH easyer to just cut the rubber tabs of with a razer knife just leave it a little big and then trim it down to size a little at a time be carfull not to cut yourself

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I used a sharp knife-took 2 minutes.Make sure you use the gaskets on both sides of the v force-some std setups use a thin  oring seal thats embedded in the carb boot-these cant be trusted IMO.

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
As john stu said, the razor knife works great and makes a nice clean cut. Razor knives are cheap(the cheap ones with the snap off blades). I use them for tons of things. I have some in the garage, some in the house, some in my tool box and some at work. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom