pat567

Oct 26, 2002
I'd like to take my son to do some moto track riding and not sure where to go. does anyone know of some motocross tracks that are open in the NW during the winter.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000

kx_dave

Jun 2, 2001
MXP1MP said:
Hey you forgot Longview they have a sand track thats open all winter

http://longviewmx.com/

most tracks won't open back up till feb/march really again.

MXP1MP,

Have you been there? What is the sand track like? Good for newbs?

Website didn't really say much about it.

With all the rain in the forecast I might have to drive down there and check it out.

Thanks for any info...Dave

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well, personally, I think Longview is a pretty poor place to ride but sometimes it is the only place to go so I go, I have been going there since they opened and it seems to have gone down hill, I can't understand it, they've got the land, people and equipment and they still can't make it work. Was down the other day to check it out and the main track was in a sad state from the rains and poor grooming and the new lay out is not very fun even when conditions are good. The sand track is ok but tiny, the GP track is not even worth the effort but would be ok for a kid learning the ropes but will get bored with it quick. The track to take the kids to is Mt. View in Sandy, Oregon on their family days, now that is a fun track but unfortunately it's up for sale so it's days may be numbered. I think this is the link www.mtnviewmx.com.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
MXP1MP,

Thanx for that link, thats the closest track for me now, their web counter was only on 97 when I checked out the website so they haven't been online long. Gonna give 'em a call for some more info and swing by and check it out, will probably be working that way soon. Thanx again! :cool:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
no prob man I'm always on the look out for new tracks, has anyone gone to Mudslingers track in Tenino? I can't find a website for it or the club.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
I don't think they have a website but www.northwestdirtrider.com usually posts their flyers. Went there to check out a race last year and it looks pretty fun, more like rough scrambles I guess, or an early '80's MX track, they are only open in the winter for club events and not sure about playdays. The track is located about 10 minutes south of Olympia and right next to I-5 on the east side, same street as Wein's Log homes I think.

Talked to 5th gear the other night to see if he might open during this dry spell, he said it was still too wet, no doubt, but I am planning on going somewhere the last week of the month and this funky no skiing weather is supposed to last until after New Years. Toes is open, You've been there haven't you? if so what do you think of it?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I have been to Toes many times Toes is MAD tough there's a beginer track that is more the pace of what normal tracks are like. What they call JR/INT track that is quite a bit more of a step up in skill and there's also basically a full on SX style track. It's pretty sandy loose type soil but the jumps on the JR & SX tracks are all very peaky basically you make them or your gonna be hurting. It's not a bad place to ride if you want to really step up your skill level lots of the local pro's tend to go there. Don't forget that Horn Rapids is open too and it's sandy so it's good when wet also and it could be free right now I'd rather go there or alderdale much more forgiving tracks. Now that I got my forks just rebuilt and a spark arrestor I think I might do the Hangover Scrambles race at Longview on jan 2nd. Only 5 to 6 mile loops which isn't much I like the fact it will have a grass track section.

schwen_66

Jul 10, 2004
kx_dave said:
MXP1MP,

Have you been there? What is the sand track like? Good for newbs?

Website didn't really say much about it.

With all the rain in the forecast I might have to drive down there and check it out.

Thanks for any info...Dave
The sand track is alright on a 4stroke, Me and my friend rode there, he was on my xr100 and I was on his CR85 with no knobbies on the front tire, it's okay, just as long as it's not wet.
oh yeah, I think you forgot http://riverdaleraceway.com/

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Not to mention, but Trulson's has reopened the new name is now Burnt Ridge MX offically opens like next weekend. Under new ownership and it's suppose to have 3 tracks! I'm gonna stop by there this weekend to check it out maybe ride if I can. If not I'll just go hit riverdale.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well riverdale was awesome, talked to the people running trulson's and yes the track is almost ready it's the same old trulson's could maybe change. Offically opens the 24th, only for practice and they tell me certain days during the week. Can't wait to go check it out! oh yea btw www.burntridgemx.com

rmrider125

Jan 13, 2006
MXP1MP said:
no prob man I'm always on the look out for new tracks, has anyone gone to Mudslingers track in Tenino? I can't find a website for it or the club.

I did my first ever race there last winter and it was fun, because its just alot of locals getting together to race. I'm planning on racing there next weekend Jan 22. i think the gate opens at 7am. and racing starts around 9 or 10.
NICK$
:ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom