kx250_2001

Oct 11, 2006
ok, here is the story. i have a 2001 kawasaki kx250 and the other day my idiot friend was trying to wheelie on the street with my bike and bailed on the cement. now for some reason my clutch feels like its going and also my bike feels like it wont hit power band and when i shift the rpms dont go down or atleast dont sound like they do. i have been told it could be the top end of my engine is screwed and its just a coincedene that it just happend after he fell, it could be my clutch needs to be replaced and its just a coincedence after he fell, my carb might need cleaning and its just a coincedence after he fell or when he did fall, he screwed up the linkage between the throttle and clutch. any help would be great. thx

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
god i feel your pain,my uncle did that on my yz125 and now i have to get new plastics and a seat after we yelled at him not to ride on the street. as for your bike i dont know is the clutch slipping at all?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Any chance it bent your levers or handlebars slightly when he wrecked?? Since it seems to be power and clutch, it seems very coincidental both control locations are on your handlebars. I'd try readjusting both cables and make sure they didn't get pinched by triple clamps against the frame when he wrecked. Trace the cables and make sure they are free. A visual inspection can sometimes show whether this happened. If it did, you might need to replace a cable or two. Good luck.

kx250_2001

Oct 11, 2006
yea, i tried adjusting the clutch, didnt seem to help much and as for the throttle, after he fell it wouldnt snap back so i adjusted that

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
You said the throttle wouldn't snap back after he dropped it?? Did he drop it on the right side? If yes I would check the throttle tube for damage or being pushed to tight up against the end of handle bar. Seems to me that would be more prone to happening than the cable coming of of adjustment.
Just my thoughts.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Your "hand grip" is attached to the throttle tube and rotates on the end of the handle bar. I "think" the clutch cable is routed on the right side of the frame. If the bike went down on the right side (throttle side) it is possible that the impact pinched the clutch cable. To determine if the cable is bad, remove it. The steel cable should move freely within the sheath.
BTW, punctuation helps when reading posts. Unlike chat rooms, message boards are more enjoyable when proper sentence structure is at least attempted.

Top Bottom