would i be to small for a ktm 250sx?

lilbikerdude

Sep 19, 2005
im 5'8 also abd im 14 and my yz250f is just fine for me, but i wouldnt recommend getting a two-stroke 250, go with a 4-stroke 250, lots of power and good gas milage

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Gas mileage is an important thing to consider. Every cent you save there can be put toward your next top end rebuild or valve job.

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
Yeah ok - i could see how SOMEONE would save enough but should that be a factor in deciding the largest purchase you'll make (thats dirtbike related)

if thats the best reason for choosing a fourstroke :blah:

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
FruDaddy said:
Gas mileage is an important thing to consider. Every cent you save there can be put toward your next top end rebuild or valve job.

i get around 30mpg in my 04 250sx under race conditions. and it's only about twice as fast and much lighter than a 4-stroke 250. oh, it's also cheaper, simpler, more reliable, easier to work on, prettier, sexier, more fun, quieter..... did i forget anything?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Come on now, that big head on a thumper looks sweet :worship: . Very technological. And the skinny pipe that doesn't hide the motor :nod: . Whoa. Let me catch my breath. Actually, my only argument would be the "much lighter" part :think: . The actual weight difference for '06 is only 8 pounds. It's just that the smoker has a lower center of gravity and feels lighter (better weight distribution :cool: ).

moore_716

Jun 1, 2005
I don't know what your skill level is, but you might want to consider looking for a 200sx. It will be easier to ride and has a better horsepower to weight ratio.

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
moore_716 said:
I don't know what your skill level is, but you might want to consider looking for a 200sx. It will be easier to ride and has a better horsepower to weight ratio.

many of us find the 200 to be a harder bike to ride. at least in the exc version, the 200 engine is much zippier and more explosive than the 250, with less torque down low. it's still a heckuva lotta fun tho.

ruffryder19

Sep 14, 2005
lilbikerdude said:
im 5'8 also abd im 14 and my yz250f is just fine for me, but i wouldnt recommend getting a two-stroke 250, go with a 4-stroke 250, lots of power and good gas milage
2 stroke 250's rule, and make more power then a 250 fourstroke anyday!worried bout gas mileage :think: , well maintaining the fourstroke costs more!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom