Feb 12, 2005
Bike is a 1985 Husqvarna 400WRX--- your basic water-cooled 2 stroke.

I bought the bike used (not running). Was able to get it to fire a few times. Good spark.
Here is the kicker. I kicked it over and noticed the exhasut pipe gurgled some gas where it mates to the jug.
I pull the exhaust to find it is full of gas! I can kick the engine over with exhaust off and get the engine to spit alot of gas out. Im assuming crankcase is full of gas. (fuel petcock off and verified no gas flow)
I turned engine over at flywheel and can hear gurgling inside the engine. (all gear oil is drained).

Any takers as to what on earth is going on?

Carb has been rebuilt and is not stuck open at float/inlet.
Gas may have been in there from previous owner.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
yeah, my kx when i first got it had about a quart of oil in the bottom of the crankcase. at first i didn't know this. but after kicking the bike to try and fire it up for the first time to always find the plug completely fouled gave me a hint. (i was running like 40:1, so i knew it could be that fouled) so i flipped the bike upside down to drain all the oil. (about 1 quart!) and it helped soo much.
all the oil was from every time i kicked it the gas would fire but the oil wouldn't burn b/c the motor wasn't running. so after 1000 kicks the oil just built up. :bang:

Top Bottom