young punk on the local track

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
has anyone here ever been enjoying themselves on the local track, learning, going fast, hitting corners and jumps perfect when in the not too far distance you see some 13 or 14 year old punk on a 125 hitting the jumps at the front of the track, and then cutting well over half the track to get to the other jumps at the back? normally when people do this, they know they are in the wrong(the track i go to clearly states that there is no cutting the track period) and are therefore extra considerate of other riders. well last weekend i was having my fun going around the last turn before two decent sized tables when out of nowhere i see this guy, who in an instant will be right in my path cutting the track to get to the jumps. this guy looks over at me and we are both hauling a$$ for the same spot and this guy was just not slowing up, at the last instant i jammed the breaks and came about 5 inches from nailing his back wheel, in doing this defensive manuever i flew off the track since i swerved to avoid him. the worst part? he didnt stop to apologize, he didnt slow down and nod or even look my way, he hit the two tables, turned hit two more, and then cut the track again. now i know that no one on drn would ever think of commiting such an atrocity but it just boils my blood and i have to vent. these cocky guys who think they own the track and people should always yeild to them are the ones in the sport that i cant stand, so please, if you ever witness someone doing something like this, try to inform them of their wrong doing to make the sport more fun (and less dangerous for the rest of us)

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Stuman your to nice.

He signed the waiver right? Take him out and teach him what dirt tastes like so he won't do it again and again and again...

Next time he might hurt someone.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
i thought to myself(and later expressed to my father) if i could guarantee nothing more than a hundred in damages on my bike, and hopefully nothing to serious on me, i would have pinned it, and put the sights right on the center of mass, the could have made a face like this :yikes: just prior to impact, and self soilment, but next time, i might try for that rear wheel of his

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
hahaha, will do, later on i saw him doing donuts in the middle of the track, and then riding around the parking lot without a helmet. the guy is an idiot, the kind you take pride in roosting

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Around here the track owners would throw him out and you wouldn't have to worry about it. We can't even ride in the pits to get to the gate on race day. :(

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
it was at hollister, its an s.v.r.a. and the track and the ranger station arent that close too each other (however they are close enough to catch you doing wheelies down the road to the track :| but next time that happens, the other guy will probably be sampling some soil immediately after

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
He probably also owns a quad! Take a few people over to talk with him. I am fond of keeping my 1/2 torque wrench handy for real knuckle heads. The right tool for the right job.

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
i usually give kids two chances at the track, im nice for either two track cuttings, or two idiot corners where the purposely block me even though they know im faster. after that i know they know im there. then the game is on and i feel no sympathy.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
BigRedAF said:
Around here the track owners would throw him out and you wouldn't have to worry about it. We can't even ride in the pits to get to the gate on race day. :(
Same thing round these parts. You cut the track, you're done.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
sadly its not as structured, its a state owned park so i should be fortunate just to have it, and next time out ill give that two chance rule a try

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
That track can be a zoo, What is your skill level? Ever try SCMX at the San Jose fairgrounds? Club Moto in Livermore is great too :cool:

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
a little above average, nothing special but i can hold my own, this kid was mildly ok on the jumps, but any turns, he just thought he was good and was just in the way

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Go try CubMoto.com good crowd out there. Not sure if it is going to be open or not this weekend with the weather. It is groomed, has nice ruts and good jumps. SCMX.Com is a bit more advanced, has a few doubles and some great track prep :cool:

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
almost went to the santa clara one today, ive been before and checked it out, except for the doubles its nothin i cant handle. do you know anything about the membership their? it has a sign saying the so and so members get in 5 dollars cheaper. ill check out clubmoto

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I'm not to sure about the membership at Santa Clara, I was there New years Day and remember seeing a sign. It was $25 for me to ride. Club Moto is $20 to ride. There is also Sandhill out in Brentwood that is a pretty fun track, no doubles, all table tops. Sandhillracing.com I may be out at Club riding this Sunday, im not sure though.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
ive passed them onto the guy i usually go riding with (sadly my dad is more into trails then tracks) and we will definitely check them out, it seems that places like those weed out the arrogant punks who will cut you off just for the heck of it

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Moto-squids

sixds said:
next time you see him doing it stop him and tune him in.

It won't do any good. No brain no gain :bang: Go with your first instinct, TAKE HIM OUT!!! You will feel better, and you get a DUMB ASS off the track before he hurts somebody. :yell: Just my .02 worth.

Dave L.

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
as much as i love motocross its people like him who make me sometimes hate this sport!20yrs of going to different tracks and i have run into alot of these knuckleheads but it seems like the last 4 years there are more and more of people like this out there.last year i had my leg broke cause some squid couldnt hold his line and was all over the track,im not even close to being a fast guy but i can hold my line and let someone pass me!
Every rider out there should know how to represent themselves and look at the big picture.You make think your hot stuff at your local track but thats just it your at a LOCAL track..if you were as good as you think you are u would be racing supercross on tv!

Top Bottom