jhavard

Dec 9, 2007
Hey guys, I'm needing some info on this water pump seal. First off its on a 89 yz250 and I've never tore into one. How involved is this job? Do I need to pull the motor? Split the cases? Anything else I should look for or change while I'm in there? I'll be grateful of all responses, and thanks in advance.
P.S. I search the forums and they all seem to sound easy but I'm wanting a little more specific directions and tips. THANKS :whoa:

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I did mine just this last summer. Pull the waterpump cover off, and then pull the clutch cover. Take out the impeller and rip the old seal out with a seal puller and pound the new one in. You can use a socket or whatever you just need to watch the little spring ring that wraps around the seal. It can pop halfway off and if it does you need a little pick to pull it back into place. It's not that bad to do and you'll no longer have milky tranny oil!

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
same problem

ahh, my friend had the same problem, took literally 30 minutes to do everything, just as said before pull the impeller cover off, then the clutch cover, and replace the seal

jhavard

Dec 9, 2007
atkkid250 said:
ahh, my friend had the same problem, took literally 30 minutes to do everything, just as said before pull the impeller cover off, then the clutch cover, and replace the seal
Is it really that simple?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Be careful with those springs on the seals, if you mash the spring, the seal will be useless.

Take normal caution, everything will be fine!

It is really that simple.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom