Mar 27, 2008
no i drained the gas and everything

so the other day i replaced the spark plug and cleaned the carb and it still didnt start

so do u have any other ideas blink?

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
after you cleaned the carb and you turned on the petcock did any fuel come through i had a similar problem this morning cleaned the carb twice and shot air through the jets still didnt work,second time i cleaned it and abunch ABUNNCH of kicks to finneally get it started

Mar 27, 2008
i lil bit, just a few drops

but i was plannin on havin my cuzin come over because he had the same problem and he got his bike back and running, so i was gonna see wat he can do

cuz im kinda new at the whole 2stroke bike stuff

but would their be anything else that is causing it not 2 start???

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
nothing that i can think of besides moisture getting into your wires corroding them , was the carb bowl filling up when you turned on the petcock?

Mar 27, 2008
i checked the wires, so its not the wires

ya

blink im gonna go so i can get up early in the mornin so i can go fiddle with it again
so ill talk 2 u later

thanks for the help

really appreciate it

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
Bikes only need 3 things to start; compression, fuel, and spark. Always eliminate the simple things first. Make sure a good fuel flow fuel is coming out of the tank. If so hook the line back to the carb let it run awhile and then lean your bike over until fuel comes out of the overflow. If it does then check for spark by pulling the plug and snapping it back in the boot, rest it on the engine and kick it through a couple times. If there is spark put the plug back and after you kick awhile pull the plug back out and check to see if it smells like fuel.

If you do all that and it still doesn't start let us know and we can go from there.

tjmotocross

Feb 15, 2008
Hey, I would make sure gas is flowing well from the tank to the carb other than that it sounds like you have tried about everything. I would double check your spark and disconnect the kill switch to make sure it isn't bad. Thats all I can think of.

TJ

May 1, 2007
If you have spark and it wants to fire but wont I would try bump starting it. I would guess if it had junk in the cylinder because of sitting that it might not want to start up. You can also try a little bit of starting fluid or putting fuel in the cylinder. If i got desperate I would flood it and turn it upside down a couple of times. All of my ideas are stupid but if you have everything it needs to run and it doesn't they might be worth a try. Good luck. Might have to pay the $60/hr for a local bike shop :(.

May 1, 2007
2strokerfun said:
I'm not a fan of starting fluid. It doesn't fix your problem and can bend a rod on occassion.
I have never had a problem with it on trucks but I agree that it probably wont do much for a dirt bike. I would try it if I couldnt get my bike to start and there was no rational reason for it besides it was sitting. But I am used to spraying diesels with the crap on a daily occasion in the winter monthes with no negative effects.

There is probably something you are missing in the carb. There might be a clog in the passage for the choke mixture that you are missing. Could also be weak spark or timing problem. Might check the stator and cdi.

Top Bottom