1983 Yamaha IT175 Restored w/pics!

TRexRacing said:
Sounds like another ride is in order.
Rode her all day today!! This bike handles like a dream on the trails! We took some video...will post as soon as my buddy forwards me the vids.

It175

Doug,

The bike looks to be a 1982 model IT175J (round headlight globe). The 1983 model IT175K had a rectangular headlight globe. The bike looks very good my friend - nice job on the restore.

Nice job on the bike!

IT490K

Last edited:
doug howell said:
I need to thank my friend Mike who fell in love with this bike and helped with every aspect of the restore. He didn't charge me a dime for his efforts and all of the work was done at his shop.
nice to know there are some people that still do this for love :cool:
that bike looks so clean that i would not take it for a ride :nod:

There are plenty of 'good' people out there willing to help each other. It's all about sharing a common interest.

It doesn't matter how 'clean' the bike turns out you gotta take it out and wring it's neck, especially after all of your hard efforts! :ride:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I thought Yamaha went to the IT200 in 1982, but evidently not.

was it 84?

I have decided to sell my baby... against my better judgement. :coocoo: The thrill for me is in the restoration. Don't get me wrong, I love this bike. It fires up on the first kick and handles like a dream. But I think it's time to sell her and pick up a mid 80's CR125 and bring it back to life :nod:

I'll post it for sale here first...In hopes that one of our members ends up with this classic IT175.

zoommx

Subscriber
I really like my '86 CR125, the only thing to watch for on those really is the clutch cover corrosion around the water pump impeller. Shock bodies weren't hard anodized yet either so wear can be present there. The '87 was graced with cartridge forks and an all new case-reed engine which was still the foundation through at least '95. The '87 also came with a rear disc brake which makes it unuseable in the MOVMX series I race in so that why I have an 86!!! Another good alternative for a 125 from that era are the Kaws....