Deserteagle2

Apr 4, 2007
My 1987 Suzuki RM250 started to leak crankcase oil after i replaced it about a week ago. It seems to be coming from the front sprocket somewhere. If anyone knows what is wrong or what i should do to fix it please let me know.

Thanks

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
nedds a new seal- or you filled it too full- either way the seal should keep in the oil- just replace it pop out the seal slide in the new one

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
Judging by the age of the bike I would say you for sure have an old seal that is just worn out and leaking. You can replace it yourself by removing the sprocket and pulling the seal out with any kind of hook tool that you can get it out with. You don't need to take the side cover off unless the seal will just NOT come out, then you can knock it out using a flat head screwdriver from the other side of the cover.

R&R

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
Yes, and seals are cheap too. Suzuki still carries them and may even stock your size. Just remember to wipe a little oil all over the seal before you install it. You can tap it in by using a socket that's the same size as the outside diameter and slowly tap it in until it's seated.

Top Bottom