2000 Kawasaki KE100 Cylinder Sleeve?!?!?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok. Recientuelly(s/p) my Kawi blew a ring and killed the piston and sleeve. now im out to find a new cylinder sleeve. Or a whole new top end rebuild. Ive been looking on every link on the first 5 pages of google, and found 1 place that sells cylinder sleeves, but it was for the wrong year :bang: , i would like to atleast find a part number, or somtething...
I would love to go the the motorcycle shop and ask them.. but you know thats a 5min drive that my dad doesnt feel is nessecary... which really sucks...

Anyway, thanks for the help if i would get any...

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
well.. actually its been pretty reliable.. the only thing to break on it for 2 years was this and the front tube was pinched.. thats it, and like 3 sparkplugs and oi, tahts about it so not really. Its not that bad.

But any ideas?!??! anyone?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think the KE100 had minimal changes to the motor for 20+ years.

I would see if you can find a cylinder, motor or parts bike. Any cylnder from the late '70s to the last year of production would probably work. I'm not a Kawasaki parts expert, just making an eductated guess. One of my buddies had about a 1980 model year, and I don't think the bike changed much at all in later years.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I had an '01, but didn't have any problems with it. I also got my with 200mis on it. Anyway, I beleive that there is a way to find a parts diagram on the Kawi website? If not, try www.bikebandit.com for OEM stuff, part numbers, etc.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
ok, ill look into it, and i looked at bike bandit, and they didn't have cylinders, or sleeves, or a head..

but i got some pics of the damages finally..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/virusehm/tylers thing/DSC00597.jpg
DSC006002.jpg

DSC00599-1.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Moparman1530 said:
Well... It was showing signs of bad.. liek great loss in power. and some other crap. Well. i was riding down the hill, and i herd a noise. It was like.... like a small thud of a sort. But it lost all power. And when i pulled the clucth in to stop, it shut off. Ok. so i kicked it liek 3 times, and there was almost NO compression, like it just fell with like 4 little(LITTLE) slow downs. it happend about 20min ago. i le it cool down a bet and kicked it to see if anything has changed. It will still go down ifi set my foot on it with barly any slowdowns. B4 it would go down stop(1sec) then go down stop (1sec) go down stop, and it was at the bottom. not now, its like dunk dunk dunk, its down.. i have no idea. i dont think it would juet all of a sudden go bad.. but it did.. and it sucks, because i dont have anyting to ride anymore..

II dont know ill take some stuff off after it cools all the way down.

until then.. what do you think?

~~~UPDATE~~~

i took part of the head off, and i saw the top of the piston and the combustian chamber. They were both pretty dirty. crusted with a layer of... black stuff.. , so i think that almost all the compression is gone. so ill probely need a top end rebuild replacement kit (i dont know? what do you want to call it) But im very dissipointed

(lol, the piston is really small)

^that

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
call kustom kraft the sleeve cylinders
there in elgin illinois and did good work on my kx
or try a salvage yard- dirt cycle salvage-1-508-478-5700

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
ok. i emailed them. They are really expensive too. Like $250.00 For them to re-sleeve it. and I think it comes WITH a piston.. so basically its a whole new top end rebuild.. and it can be bored out i guess. But ill get more info after they email me back

Thanks!

Top Bottom