ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
Blown my top end...unfortunately I was extremely ignorant and didnt change my piston when i should have. I myself(with an already worn top end) probably put over 50-60hrs on it, they were "easy" hours but still....

Basically I have been calling around and have found out that it will need to be replated(it has one good scrape that goes through the plating). I initially thought that resleeving was cheaper, i am wrong. I am going to send it to US Chrome. But I am deciding whether or not I am going to stay with the 250CC, 66.4MM or go to 265CC 68.5MM. Either way the scrape will have to be fixed by the $231 option. The pricing only varies by $25-30 and that is just to grind down the power valve by 1 MM(and the piston is $10 higher) What els has to be done with they cylinder? Also, how much more power am I looking at with the 265 over the 250? Not to change the subject, but is boyesen pro series reeds the best bang for the buck or does V-force make that much more of a difference?
Thanks

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Big bore without porting will create less power than stock, If I were you just send the hole top to eric gorr and bolt and go. as for v force i don't know i have a boyesen rad valve on my bike and I don't have any complaints. and replating is much better than a sleeve. They have to bore replate, port, and cut the power valve, and head work on a big bore but you need to check with eric gorr on your bike cause some bikes have to have case mods, cant complain with my 144 kit I got from him got back in 2 1/2 weeks and looked great and he will help you with any questions you have, Top notch in my book

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, I have seen that kit. Looks like my best bet...but $500, is it worth it? is there ALOT more power, or should I just rebuild it stock? About $320 to make it stock again....$180 to make it 265CC. What did you send him? cylinder(with exhaust valve), head? Would putting the 265Kit on it lower the resale(not that it is that good anyways) or would it help it?.....Say $180...lol
Thanks,
Chris

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
To the right person it would help, resale value. Well you send the hole cylinder in to him and everything together, It all depends on your riding Do you ride to race or just ride? do you want more power? You get more, Ive noticed in mine the difference, Its worth the extra money in my opp. Just read everyone's post they will tell you the same, that's what made me get it,

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
A couple more questions about the 265kit. I dont want to bother eric about it so I figure I can ask my questions here. Is porting a part of his $500 service? And when it comes to selecting more low to mid or mid to high rang power. What would go best with the stock exhaust? one last thing does anybody know what he would charge(or if he would even allow it)if I were to send the piston and gasket kit along with everything els?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I just had him do a 2002 rm250 to a 265. Porting is included. The big bore is worthless without proper porting. All you do is pull off the cylinder, box it and the head up, and send it to US Chrome attn Eric Gorr. At least thats all I had to do. That price includes the piston kit and a top end gasket set. Call him up, he's a super nice guy. Tell him what ya got and what you want, he'll get ya fixed up.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Im sure he would but would cost you a ton to ship all of it, and the gaskets are included with the kit, its really easy to bolt it on yourself, 20 minutes and your ready to roll. everything you need is in the kit, you have to buy nothing else at all. just some lock tight for the head bolt and that's it.

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
If your craving more power then why leave your exhaust stock? Get a pipe for the way you ride,woods,MX,ect...I like stock exhaust,in my opinoin stock pipes work great for many riding styles. But I'm not craving more power. Unless your an advanced or pro rider most people dont ride to the bikes full potential anyway. you can soup up your bike to the hill and a pro rider will probaly beet you on the same stock bike. Just my opinion though.

Top Bottom