jeredh

Oct 18, 2005
This weekend I ran into my first issue with my bike.

After i did a 5 mile lap at my favorite wooded area, my first gear would engage, but when i let the clutch out to take-off, i could sit there with my left hand in the air, first gear engaged and clutch completely out, and I wasn't moving. Quite the bummer. I can release the clutch in first gear......twist the throttle...and nothing happens. If i bounce around or kick bike or rev it up incessantly, the bike will jump into gear.

I stopped riding at that point, for fear of ruining the transmission.

I suspect the clutch is sticking, but really don't know.

FYI, I purchased the bike brand new off the showroom floor Oct. 2005. I am the first owner and have ridden bikes all my life, but I am not mechanically inclined. :coocoo:

So, anyone have advice or input?

Ask me questions and I will answer them.

I need a service manual too. Anyone know where I can download one in .pdf format?

Thanks!
Jered
Memphis

jeredh

Oct 18, 2005
for kicks, i just fired the bike up and rode it quickly to see if i could get the bike to mess up, and i couldn't duplicate the problem. when it happened last weekend, i noticed it got worst the more i rode the bike and the hotter it got.

i have no idea whats going on with it.

The cable seems to be in perfectly good order. The movement of the cable is smooth at the entry into engine.

Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful. I have Loretta Lynn's in two weeks. I guess i just need to buy parts in case of a breakdown.....from cable to plates to spring et cetera.

Top Bottom