James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
So far, I have been talking with Ivan and Mike Liebel about running the NCHSA races this year. I think if we get Whyzee on the trails a bit more...he will be in. Any of you other Carolina Critters have interest? Has Gomer gotten over his lumberphoebia??

Ivan and I have settled on running the Vet C which is the over 30 any bike class. Mike is a senior so he will get to start before us and I can only hope to pass him before the end of the race (or do we start first and have him pass us about half way through?? anyway...).

I have the bike pretty much done. Need to test the suspension to see if it is woods friendly enough. I assume all that is left is to join the NCHSA and get my number??

I also assume a bunch of us are going to race a few JMX motocrosses this year??

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I'm in!
I have resigned myself to no more MX racing, ok maybe just a little, but the HS sounds like fun. I had a blast on the trails at DW.

So this must mean Ivan got his AUTO clutch??? and the thumb rear brake?
See you guys soon.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Mike and I emailed a little a couple weeks ago, talked about meeting up there or at a track just over the SC line some time. The Aonia MX track is great, and the trails are supposed to be good. Bit of a drive for you from Charlotte though.. :(

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I've been to Aonia but it was before they made the track changes. I raced a HS there too.

I have not gotten the auto clutch or the thumb brake but I did put on my brake caliper coolers. I also have sent in my membership for the NCHSA. I'm going to race Vet C and my number there will be 899.

I am also looking at the 3 state MX series that is going to come in. There will be a race in NC at Parker Valley, a race in SC at Strawberry Hill and a race in Ga at Aonia. You can get more info at www.strawberryhillmx.com

Ivan

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Ivan- I only rode Aonia recently, now that it runs clockwise, so I can't give a before/after comparo. I can say it has many good doubles, is well prepped, and flows nicely. I have a very detailed ride report saved somewhere if anyone is interested...

The strawberry hill track looks really good from the photos. Looks like a couple big air jumps. Greenville isn't too bad a drive for me so lets try to ride sometime.

That 3 state series looks intriguing, but I am a little too past my prime to start racing again after a 20+ year layoff. :)

mliebal

Nov 12, 2001
C Riders Ride, C Riders Race

All Right!
So glad to see some Spodes to the HS!

James, I am going to try to catch you each race. Being old (err Senior) we get the honor of letting you youngens go first.
Senior C is next to last (last being the non-member).

So all come out and give it a run. You do not have to join to race.

I'll be running a 2002 CR250 this year setup for woods. I just got back from Germany and went right by and picked it up.
Anyone want a 2000 300EXC that is woods ready?

See all soon!
Mike

Top Bottom