dice_jay

Apr 29, 2009
my clutch feels and acts like it is either on or off, no smooth transition. cable play looks good. It feels really stiff pulling it in until it disengages and very responsive letting it out. Any ideas? I will be pulling it apart tomorrow and will also be looking at my kick start because it isn't engaging very good. There is some play in the shaft that goes into the housing. Any ideas? I have a manual ordered, but haven't got it yet. if the kick start looks anything like the 94 CR 125, than I can at least look at my 125 manual to get an idea as to what is going on in there

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Inspection of the clutch should reveal something abnormal.
My CR250 kickstarter wasn't catching and so I took it apart and then made the teeth pointy again by grinding the side face of the teeth and then grinding down the outer faces by use of sandpaper on glass. It engages every time now but I put too much tension on the spring and I can't kick it all the way down sometimes so I gotta dig in again. sigh

dice_jay

Apr 29, 2009
well.....tomorrow didn't come very soon thanks to a flooded basement but I did pull it apart today. The kick start was a C clip that came off the shaft. scored up the housing a bit, but hopefully OK. As for the clutch, the basket has grooves .040-.060 deep. I'm thinking that that is too much to file smooth. The other thing I found was that the impeller on the water pump wasn't seated at all and by the looks of the bolt, it hasn't been for a while, so it hasn't been turning. I was told that this bike had about 10 hours on it since a full top and bottom rebuild. The jug looks fairly new as does the kick start assembly. The compression feels good but I'm concerned about any damage due to not being properly cooled and for who knows how long

Top Bottom