bg

Apr 12, 2002
‘99CR125

I have had two tabs on the stator, which hold the clutch actuator arm in place, break off this year, causing the arm to slide out and lose the clutch action. I have also seen this problem on several other engines.

In one case I replaced the clutch rod, (worn in the area where the brass bearing is inside the main shaft) ball bearing and actuator…. Along with the main shaft because the brass bearing inside of the shaft was worn. I was told that the tab was not available separately so I also bought a new stator. This adds up to a pretty healthy parts bill! Especially when it happens again after several more races.

Problem seems to be aggravated (could just be coincidence) by doing high-speed plug chops, and coasting for a fairly long distance to get back to the pits.

I’m looking at the problem again for the third time in 12 races and sure would like a permanent fix… any ideas???

This engine is used in a shifter kart...

Thanks,

Bill

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Ive seen this on different bikes but not repeditive to CR 125 I work on Kart motors and Micros too . I can tell you though that its alot cheaper fix to take a bronze valve guide and turn it down to fit as a bainshaft bushing than to buy a whole mainshaft. Do you ever replsace the L/S trans mainshaft bearing ? Maybe its shot out .How about the clutch lever pivot bearing? Maybe something is stressed like the cases are mismatched or missing the locating dowels or trans washers or something screwy like that. Let us know Good luck

bg

Apr 12, 2002
Thanks for the tip on the valve guide...good idea...still looking! It's one of those everything looks good, but it's broke deal!!! I'm sure it will be something simple when I figure it out.........

Top Bottom