Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Hello, Hello, Hi there,

My Kickstarter lever is cracking. It starts under the bolt head, runs to the OD, and possibly around the back. I know a good welder who can fix this, but I would really like to find an aftermarket one in the right price range. (dealer costs appx 100 bucks) Steel alloy would be an acceptable alternative, I'm looking for strength and durability, not lightweight. I've seen this happen on other bikes of the same model and year, and would rather replace it with something else if possible.

I've looked at rockymountainatv, mxsouth, and whatever else I could find. It seems they offer everything but what I'm looking for (in this case). Also did a search here with no results.

Anyone know where I might find what I'm looking for??????????

Thanks in advance and happy trails.

Chief :cool:

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I hope you find one. Welding doesn't work. I had mine welded and it rebroke on the first kick :(

My plan is to reverse engineer the al one and have one CNCed at work. No mass production though.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
RM_GUY,

Too bad the fix didn't work. That sucks. I hope your new one works out.

BigLou,

Thanks for the link. It looks promising and I'll give them a try on Tuesday.

I wonder if I could find a steel replacement from a similar model?

Also, I can't help but wonder if some type of shock absorbtion where the lever contacts the footpeg ( say a thick piece of inner tube or rubber hose slipped over the lever ) would be enough to eliminate this problem. I'd have to replace it or at least turn it every so often, but it would be worth avoiding this problem again.

Thanks for the Replies Guys!!!

Joe Chief

Top Bottom