katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
TCTrailrider said:
Yamaha has made some nice improvements to the 08 YZ 2 strokes. "Bold New Graphics and wave rotors" :laugh:

that's OK, with all that "development" for 08 - you still can't find a blue 2 stroke, none of the dealers ordered any - Bubba, RC, Chad and crew has everybody wanting those big 450 4 strokes that work so good in the woods - so that's what the dealers order.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
katoom125 said:
that's OK, with all that "development" for 08 - you still can't find a blue 2 stroke, none of the dealers ordered any - Bubba, RC, Chad and crew has everybody wanting those big 450 4 strokes that work so good in the woods - so that's what the dealers order.
Marsh's seemed to find 2 of them!?

Still a 2 stroke fan :)

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
tdunn976 said:
Marsh's seemed to find 2 of them!?

Still a 2 stroke fan :)

I think Don ordered those last summer. For a woods bike I really think the 2 stroke has some advantages. Weight and cost of maintenance are big ones. I do beleive we will be riding clean burning fuel injected 2s very soon. I wish Yamaha and Honda would have stuck with the challenge to develope the technology. There R&D spending must be huge. Hopefuly the AMA class change for amature MX will increase the 2s demand and get those two back in the picture.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
I talked to Don's dealer as his shop was one on the list as having a couple of them, when I had a dealer friend run the locator for an 08 YZ. they said that his were the ONLY 2 that they had ordered and those specifically were ordered for Don. they won't have any more. Most dealers did not order any for 2008. The YZ's are already very scarce - although quite a few 07's still available on line - as suggested not much more than bold new graphics difference.

I think the AMA was only abt 4 years late in changing the classes to "help" the 2 strokes - it will be interesting to see what happens as I hate to see the 2 strokes go away (the orange ones won't anytime soon of course)

boy did we hi-jack this thread or what?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I found a yz 125. I understand these bike's lay the law down on them ktm 200's.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Randy, you are right they were ordered for me, I ordered them July 2. I knew they would be hard to get. After talking to my insurance man recently (TCT) he sugested that I find a way to perserve them and use them them to help fund my 401K when I get OLD.
After much thought I decided to throw causion to the wind and ride it, still haven't decided to race it yet. Don't know if I will be able to start it after the knee deal. It doesn't have the E button.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
I found a yz 125. I understang these bike lay the law down on them ktm 200's.

All depends on Piloting. DW I think you are well suited to the smaller bore bikes. 125 may be a bit small. Put the 144 kit on it and I bet your happy. :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
maybe I should get a 105 SX, closer to the ground, just hold it wfo all day long. I can probably get 2 of 'em-one to race and one for practice. hmmmmmm.........

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
WOW and Wow now you know how I came up with the concept Azzhole Inca can you beleive it,this forum has turned into a nurseing home. Mommy can I play who can I play with? Blah, Blah, azzhole

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
What about BBarel? Which class is he going to ride in next year???

To be honest....congratulations Brett! An A card is something to celebrate!!

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
fatherandson said:
What about BBarel? Which class is he going to ride in next year???

To be honest....congratulations Brett! An A card is something to celebrate!!

Yes, congradulations BBarel. Don't see what this has to do with 125 big bore kits. Lets keep this thread on track.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
QUOTE=TCTrailrider]Yes, congradulations BBarel. Don't see what this has to do with 125 big bore kits. Lets keep this thread on track.[/QUOTE]
Was this post about Brett?!.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
You could help out ya know...
Maybe so but I can't sit here for hours trying to follow you fast guys, be it bikes or comments.

Wildman 1 - Don't let these, as Woodsy would say - yahoos - pull your chain. The Real Class this year will actually be the Fun Class as Pentons will be running at Pine Cone and Jack Pine.

Young Ted

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
bbarel said:
Oh crap they figurred it out. Hmmm I wonder what tipped them off. Now I'm on the AMA website list too.
]

Good for the AMA, less than a month into the new year and they "allready" looked into "Enduro" information. Thought they may have turned this over to the EPA. Guess I'll send in my renewal. :cool:

BBarel, glad you have decided to do the right thing. :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
TCT he had no choice.

Did he get busted by the sheriff?

Top Bottom