Jaysdog

May 10, 2002
I'm finally buying some boots and thinking about either the Fox Forma or the Axo RC5. I would like to see what you guys are riding and any comments you have on them. Thanks.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Jaysdog,
I have a pair of FOX Forma Comps, Don't buy them.. I had mine for 3 weeks and they tore on my right inner side.. It took fox 6 weeks too repair and all they did was stich them and return them.. They look like junk now, plus i have a hard time getting the latches too latch and stay latched.. I think the AlpineStar tech 6's are in the same price range and from what i hear, are a well made boot..
Hope this helps you out.....
RIck :think:

Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
I bought O'NEAL M-840's and 2 weeks after that a guy slamed into my left foot with his swing arm and kick stand, just bent the metal toe piece a little,
and the boots came out fine, no tares just scraped up a little. Saved my foot from braking.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Alpinestars Tech 6 here. If you want a boot that is not real trendy but will last for ever get a pair of Hi Points, mostly leather and not a bunch of padding but I guarantee they will last you for years and years.

Put-Put

Apr 13, 2002
Alpinestars Mode 4. Great boot, very comfortable and very durable, I'd buy another pair in the future. My brother wears O'Neal Elements because of price, but he has no issues with them either, just that the mostly leather design doesn't dry out as fast as my 'stars. Good luck.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Go try on a bunch of them. I got some cheap Fox Racing(I think, too much mud on them to tell). I tried on all the expensive boots and none were comfortable on my foot cause I have no arch. The $100 boots were the most comfortable for me. The latches are kinda hard to use but its a small price to pay for comfort.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Good point. If they don't fit right they are worth poop.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
If you're going to go with the Alpinestars spend the extra $$$ and get the Tech 8s. I've only had the chance to walk around the house with them on so far (being bikeless for over a month sucks), but they are way cool. Most of my MX buddies have them and can't say enough good things about them. Call Sage, I'm sure he'll give you a good deal on a pair. :)

As for the Fox boots... mine fell apart in the first 6 months of riding.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: alpinestar boots.

If you like wet feet, buy some. My last three pair of boots have been alpinestar of different models. Not a dry foot in the bunch.

Not talking about submarine ops, either......just having the front end come down a snitch too soon on the other side of a pond.

Yeah...duct tape on the tops, too.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
The last boots I had were an old pair of Sidi's. About 94 era. I loved them, but for some reason the newer ones did not appeal to me so I went to the Stars and am very happy with those as well.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Had a cheap pair of Thor boots but they ripped down the side after 2 seasons and my feet were always wet.

Just ordered a pair of SISI Force I should get them today or tomorrow and will report back after this weekend.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
The Oneil Elements were the right price and very comfortable. However, I will never buy an inexpensive boot again (unless I have proof of quality). The Oneils lasted about three months. They leak like a sieve now and are really wearing badly. Tech 6s or 8s are in my very near future!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The last boots I wore full-time were the classic Hi-Point boots back around 1978-84 - they were the only game in town as I remember. Like Fred said, basic but lasted forever.

This time around I bought a pair of Sidi Force boots. Even though I only have 30 minutes of ride time on them, they are very comfortable, light, and feel "streamlined". I tried both the Alpinestar Tech 8's and Sidi's at a store and walked around for a while. The Tech 8's felt stiffer, bulkier, and heavier by comparision. Granted, both were brand new boots and would eventually be broken in. For an analogy, the Tech 8's felt like big bulky winter gloves, the Sidi's felt like thin, tight, grippy MX gloves.

Like helmets though, everyone has different sizes and shapes, and you really need to try on a few different brands to find out what fits you best. The Sidi Force boot's quality and protection I think are top-notch though.

- Bill

dz nutz

Apr 1, 2002
Fit is by far the most important thing in buying boots.
A few years ago I tried on every boot I could find and Alpinestars were the only boot I could get to fit right. I bought a pair of Tech 7s and they have been great. I just got some Tech 8s and so far they are even better.

MDA

May 27, 2002
I am new to dirt riding so my boots have very little trail time to date. I have Fox Trackers and so far so good. I would have liked a pair of Alpinstar's but hey not everyone can afford those puppies. The most important thing is to make sure they are comfortable and fit you right.
For me the Trackers seem to do just great.

-Mark-

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Last year I bought a pair of Gaerne SG1 boots. They were easy to break in and feel very comfortable on my feet.

As someone else said... protect your feet.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
Everyone has said it, they have to feel right. I was able to find a pair of 98' MSR's system 6 left over. I've had them two months with no complaints.

Top Bottom