gofstrnlft

Mar 4, 2005
Hope you guys can help. I have two cylinders from CR500's with cracks in the sleeves at the sides of the intake. Both are OEM sleeves. One is '89 at 90mm stock porting that if fixable needs a bore and port job...bought on *-bag ("good shape, little time on fresh bore" BEEN HAD), the other '02?? believe this motor is Service Honda at 91mm with quite a bit of tinkering done on it which I will ask about later. My favorite! I realize that the oem sleeve gets pretty thin boring it out that far and the cr500 is a vviibrrattingg explosion, however, I want to keep the overbore for the broad range of power. My questions.If it is possible to have these cracks fixed would having the iron sleeves plated, with whatever, help to strengthen the sleeves or make them more brittle with the harder plating?? It would give me a longer life on the overbore which I would be tickled with, can they plate without removing the sleeve? Has anyone seen this... problems with the scanner have to explain. In this cylinder 9/32" holes drilled top right and left side of the intake port through sleeve with 5 respective vertical holes each side in Wiseco piston. These are in line with the 4 piston score points. One 3/8" hole in center of piston straight across from 2- 3/32" oiler holes for exhaust bridge. Yes 13 holes in the piston?? I believe all the holes are for additional oiling as our racing doesn't give much time for warm up. 2 or 3 warm up laps and then WOT! Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Top Bottom