Dallas TV News covers a local offroad race...

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Heck, I wouldn't mind living near a dirt bike track! Save me gas money trailering all my stuff there.

I guess all that needs to be done is for these neighborhood whiners to put their houses up for sale. Then the dirtbikers can move into them, and every body is happy!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I will say this, Donny did an excellent job in the 5 or so second interview I saw last night. He simply stated that this race was a family event and with that in mind TCCRA would not race there again since it caused some grief among the neighbors. I've been checking out TCCRA's website for posts on the topic and it looks like it was big hit among members. Apparently not all neighbors felt that way b/c some posts talk about the folks coming out of their houses to watch the race. Oh well, a few crotchety old buggers make a fuss and then..........

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The way I see it they have 364 days of quite in one year. We have one day of fun. Not much could be done if the city gave them a permet to be there. Grass grows back. Wild life will be back (if they even left). I watched the clip from channel 5 news page. They guy they interviewed that talked about the wild life was speaking as if they everyone there was just killing any wild life park that they saw in the park.

I'll bet that if a his water was out and they had a pack of twenty jack hammers going working infront of his house there would be no complaint (even if it was on a sunday). How close were the houses? I'll bet they were all far enough away so it was a dull hum in the back ground.

I just hate people who whine and cry because someone's idea of fun is not the same as thiers.

I see a need for compermise with the noise issue, but the noise was during the day and only for one day. Its not like the track is open every day.

I think that the TCCRA guy in the video did a good job as well.

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What's really ironic is that the park/ranch was closed to the public for $ reasons. Hmmmm.... put the land to use once a year and generate some income off of it. Nah! That makes too much sense. :|

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Looks like you posted this in the right place-the poll results are 64% in favor of having a track near your place! (Did I say that right?)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
You got it right!

We are loosing ground though. At one point it was 72% in our favor.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
i was thinking the exact same thing as danman, ONE day of the year people experience a little disturbance and they complain. around here it's always the newest neighbors that think they own the neighborhood. one of them actually yelled at my friend for riding a go-ped on the edge of the street, and he was wearing a helmet.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The people around the track were made aware of the event long before it started. Due to state budget cuts the park has been closed & only used for special paying events, Civil War (The War Of Northern Aggression) reenactments, antique tractor shows (woo woo)
And other revenue generation type events, like TCCRA races! :)

What the news did not cover were the people who lived in the area who came out to watch, the people stopping on the highway to watch and how well the event went off.

But then again, what can you expect from a l i b e r a l tree huggin media :moon:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I forgot to mention earlier that we had a race on Sunday as well. The Inogural Lubbock Grand Prix was this sunday in a park (close to downtown). I'm sure it was loud. There was no bru-hah in town. Although they did not advertise it very well (one radio station and a bike shops) I'm sure they had to get premits for everything. I hope that we get one next year. The park does not get used for much. It was to benifit the the Special Olympics. There were over 200 entries. Plus, 5 bucks for spectating. Also consisions and what not I'm sure they did pretty well. I saw news media there, but nothing on the 10 O'clock news. Did not catch the 6 O'Clock news though.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Channel 5 should show the results of the poll - Let's call them and have them show the other side of the story - NOT some B.S. biased garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Did anyone watch the video they had on their website of what they aired? Awww... put in a little girl covering her ears... sniff sniff... what a bunch of BS!!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
The thing that is more ironic is the comments from racers about "pristine" bricks (from construction homes) on the course. Not to mention the trash that blew into the area from the eco-freaks overflowing trash barrels! :|

TCCRA more than likely improved the condition of the land, even with a ton of bikes ripping up a somewhat narrow trail! The freakin local whiners probably didn't take the time to think that the revenue generated from one race could bring the park back to an open status. Oh well... their loss if is doesn't open back up. They will probably start whining about wild animals dragging off "precious snookums", the bubblegum pink toenail painted poodle, once the land completely returns to the wild.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok, lets do a little number crunching on this topic:

There were roughly 780 racers on Sunday (at least that many that registered one lap, taken from the laptimes page)...
780 gate fees (at $6 a pop) - $4680
780 weekend bike fees (at $5 a pop) - $3950
390 vehicle fees, figure 2 racers per car (at $5 a pop) - $780

Then you have to factor in the number of spectators, which was at least another 600 people, probably even more...
600 more gate fees ($6) - $3600
300 or so bring a 4 wheeler with them ($2) - $600
300 or so more vehicle fees ($5)- $1500

With those given numbers you're sitting at just over $15,000; JUST AT THE GATE! You're telling me that pumping that much money into this place isn't helping out?

Sorry for all the numbers, I know that posts this complicated seem to lose some of yall. Man I've missed this place, but looks like I'm back for the summer, seeing as how I don't have much else to do. :aj: Hope yall haven't been havin too much fun without me. :moon:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom