Elkins Flat, Nor. Cal. April 12-14 2002

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Dave,

Better get that project done....or ???? I'm be up there sometime on Friday...not sure if it will be in the afternoon or early evening....but I'll be there!

Any other takers??

Rick

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Haven't worked out plans yet with Mrs. fremont yet, but I have the week off and can make it Friday morning it looks like. Rick, riding Deer Creek this Monday-4-1 you free from 9 speed duty?

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by MR.WR
I'm be up there sometime on Friday...not sure if it will be in the afternoon or early evening....but I'll be there!

Any other takers??

Rick

I'll probably be there in the afternoon. As long as I finish the Sawmill in one piece. :silly:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Les,

Sorry can't make it:mad: I'll see you at Elkins Flat... Save me a spot under the tree's for cot and sleeping bag.

Rick

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Jonala,
The flyer for the Sawmill says even old guys will have a good time:) See you on Sat.

Brian

Which is why I'm going. Plus I know the area a little bit after having done two Cow Bell enduros.

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey looking forward to riding with everyone again this year :) I got a kitchen pass for saturday the 13th :o I sure hope it is'nt as dusty as last year, I'm still coughing up dust :eek: Hey BIGBIRD you gonna make it .

Remember to Ride Safe, Ride Often & Have Fun :D

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Sorry to say but I'm out. :(

My clean friends and family had a small revolt when I told them that I would be in Nor. Cal. playing in the dirt with my motorcycle friends. They said something about me being in love with my stupid, dangerous bike and that I should be in Palm Springs for my B-day with them. Whatever! It's not like I haven't spent 30 of my 33 birthdays with the Family.

>>whisper voice on<< I'd rather hang out in the dirt with you guys and gals but like the God Father said, "Family first." >>whisper voice off<<

Have fun, be safe and Happy trails,

Bummed Thumbs

Last edited:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Just a reminder, if you plan on having a camp fire your going to need a fire permit. You can pick one up at the address that is listed on the first page of this thread. It might be a good idea to bring fire woods since most of the wood up there will be wet from the winter.

Rick

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Been watching the crazy weather.com forcast. One day it's a dry weekend, next day I check it's a wet one. I'll be wrapped in glad bags by the way it looks now ;) Road trip music: Y&T Greatist Hits :aj:

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Les. Great pick for the road trip music. One of the most underated bands ever.
I don't know if I'll be there for sure, but it looks about 60/40 in favor. I'll be watching the weather too. If I make it, I'll see you guys friday night or saturday morning.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Y&T (originally Yesterday & Today) was also a great live act! Hey Rick, what time are you getting up there Friday? I can only make Friday only but would love to get in a decent ride.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Les....Your watching the weather????? :uh: From what I've read your an all weather type rider :p I'll check out the weather on Friday morning...no need to worry abut it now! I guess if it rains we will not have to worry about dust.

Dave,

I am trying to get off on Friday, but as of right now it's about 50/50 on being up there Friday morning?? I'll know more later on this week.. I got your PM and I replied but your mail box was full???

Jim, hope to see you up there..

Rick

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I'll be up with all you guys on Sat 4-13-02 if it don't rain. I will be up there about 9:30am. Will ride for the day. What time is your ride going to be on Sat.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
The Tortoise,

9:30 should work fine! We'll bust out a nice long loop on Saturday morning then follow that up with some lunch and head out for another round.

Rick

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I'm There!!

I'll be there Saturday morning betwwen 7:30- 8:00am. I am a one day only rider. I will have one other rider for sure, maybe more. I am not leaving the camp area, until I get to meet Ret. Senior.

Hey, can someone send me directions again. I need them from 88 to the campground/staging area.

Thanks!

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Directions to Elkins Flat

From Jackson on 49:

Take 88 east toward Kirkwood. You will pass the towns of Pinegrove, Pioneer, and Barton (where the Amador Ranger Station is) and aprox 7 more miles east you will see a sign saying PI PI camp ground. Make a left (north) and follow signs to this campground. Just as you arrive to PI PI you will have crossed a creek and will be making a right on road. (The left is paved and turns into trails). When you make the right you will see PI PI just keep going past it for about 3 to 5 miles (I forgot) and you will get to Elkins Flat. It is not well marked put does have its name on road I believe. The Elkins Flat Camp Ground is on the left hand side of the paved road. It is in the trees and spread out. It has two porta potties.

From Reno:

I'd go either through Kirkwood or Auburn. If you go through Auburn then take 49 south to Jackson and follow above directions. If through Kirwood then just go west on 88. You will pass the Hams Station and Cooks Station and just past Cooks Station you will see a sign saying PI PI. Turn right (north) and follow directions above. I haven't been this way so I haven't seen the sign for PI PI in this direction. The other direction has the sign and you never know if Cal Trans put a sign up in both directions.

Note: The road to PI PI off 88 is called Omo Ranch Rd. You follow it about 1 mile to North South Road. There are signs to PI PI just follow them

Again The "Wordy" Tortoise

Strick and you others lets not get there too early. I like my beauty sleep. I will be leaving my house at 6:30am and it takes about 2.5 hrs to get there (134 miles). So a ride around 9:30am is perfect.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
The local weather report calls for snow 8-12 inches above 6500ft and 1-3 inches starting about 4500ft on Tuesday......ohhhhhhhh boy! looks like it might be PERRRRRRRRRFECT!!!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
There is one caveat to my statement "I'm there" -- Snow. If I have to drive in snow, that means I would have to chain my trailer --> not for a trail ride!

We'll see.

The Tortoise

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Jesus Mr. WR.

Where do you get your weather reports. Weather.com says that Truckee (for Strick) will have light rain on Tue all day and Wed morning. Wed afternoon thru the weekend will be partly cloudy. Jackson has rain on Tue only and Partly Cloudy from then on. Looks good. Ground should be perfect. No problems with the passes.

The "religious weather" Tortoise

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
Strick,

Definately go through Kirkwood to get there. I went the Auburn way the first time I went to Elkins and it sucked. The Kirkwood route is shorter and much straighter. See ya there.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Thanks Steve, I went the Kirkwood way last year. I just can't remember all the turns and twists on how to get to the camp spot.

Top Bottom