May 18, 2006
Flywheel weight on a 250 smoker

I have a 2000 RM250. Its main use is for agressive trail riding and play riding. I dont race or go to the track really, almost never. I have a few small to medium jumps and table tops that i mess around on near the house. I have been told that a flywheel weight would smooth out the power. My question is how heavy do I go? Steahly offers 6 8 10 and 12oz weights. What do you guys think would be best? Will the bike still wheelie easy? I love to ride wheelies! :laugh: Thanks for any input! :)

Last edited:

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
My brother put a 10oz weight on his RMX250 years ago and it made a HUGE difference for slower woods riding.
I just put a 14oz on my 98 CR250R and it was the best money I spent. I can lug the bike down low in the revs and it "chugs" along alot better. It's still not a thumper but it definately makes a big difference.
The weight didn't seem to effect the power higher in the revs, and the bike still screams along. I don't think the weight will impact your "whellie sessions".

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
alligatorbling said:
thankyou for the input! :) so im guessing that i may as well try the heaviest weight then....

The heavy weight seems to work for me- I don't know what style of riding you do, but for me going slow behind my kids the 14oz seems pretty good.
I think on the RM you'll need a flywheel puller, better check SteahlyOffroad's website.
good luck,
Greg

Top Bottom