a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've got a pair, actually the 2nd pair, of the Fox Forma Comp boots. I bought them last December and had to return them after about 6 rides because the front portion of the toe area pulled away from the seams. I sent them back and they sent me a new pair. Now, they are tearing away from the top inside area and I'm wondering if this is common with these boots. I really like them and don't want to buy different pair but this really sucks.

Anyone having this problem too, if so, I'll have to rethink my next purchase. Thanks

Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Allright I can help you here, I am friends with the local fox dealer, and the girl who works there got in contact with fox and aparently there was a HUGE lot of shotty boots sent out *But not too bad they say* Apparently it was only a small stiching problem, anyways my dealer got a discout on ALL the boots and they lowered the price 75 bucks, and this was the 2001 Boot, BUT the 2002 boots came in and she said the same thing!!! They have Lots returned, and they are falling apart left right and center, Now if you have 2001's they are for sure junk, My friend went threw 3 pairs, and he continue's too! They keep sending him new ones, I STRONGLY suggest not to buy these boots! I have never seen a pair that actually have time on them that arn't ripped, or broken
So elk it's not just you:D

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thank God! I thought I was going crazy. I've never had this many problems with boots. Usually they last years for me. I think I'll send them back this time and get the refund. I guess I'll go for the Alpine Stars now, not real happy about it but I need them to last. Thanks for the help.

Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, here's an update to my post. My dealer won't take them back no matter what. They said I have to go through Fox. I called Fox and they said that I'd have to go through the dealer again. I told Fox that the dealer would not refund the boot and they said that they would replace them again. At least Fox is standing behind their product, no matter how bad it was made! I guess I'll send them back and get a new pair again. As long as something goes wrong with them within the year, I'm good to go. I'll have to keep sending them back to renew the warranty.

My advice is not to buy them just yet. Let them work out the bugs on these and buy later, IMO!
Elk

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
Hey elk

Sorry to here with your boot problems but let me tell you I bought back in 98' a pair of alp stars and today I took them to ALP STARS LOCATION in torrance to have the soles replace. (cost $80 bucks) The people are class A company with a very great product. I highly recommend alp stars I've had very luck with them. ;)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm STILL wearing my '00 Fox Formas. I bought them in August of '99 and they have at least 160 motos on them (and countless practices and play rides) and they are still going strong. All the buckles still work, soles are in good shape, no stiching has came undone, inside bootie in great shape, no rips/tears/etc...

I have been very pleased! Maybe the '01 and '02 model have the troubles, though?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Maybe I just got a bum pair or two, I really like them and hope that the next pair will last! Thanks

cyz490

Sep 28, 2000
I really like mine except for the buckles. My dealer got the fox rep to replace them he said that there was a problem with them. The new buckles were better but still a pain in the but to fasten. I wear the heck out of them. I race in the desert atleast twice a month as well as trail riding twice a week and have not had anyof the problems you are talking about. Mine are 01's also

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I guess I'll keep replacing them until I get to the 03's!

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I just got a pair too and have such a hard time with the buckles. Some buckles just won't come off and I end up looking like a mad man hitting and trying to get his foot out. I also noticed the right boot where it contacts the pipe is about to melt bad. I got about 5 rides on the formas and I figure in 5 more, there will be a melted hole where it contacts the pipe. Nothing else has happened yet but reading you guys scares me. I wish I read this before buying, I would have got some T8s.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I felt I had to bring this to the forum. I saw yesterday a guy at the track trying to remove his Forma Comp and he was using a flat blade screwdriver to unfasten the latches. I asked him about it and he said the boots were new too. He bought them one week before me. At least I know now I'm not alone having a hard time with the buckles. The fit, support and comfort is just to my liking though.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I think mine are '02's. No problem yet, but only a handful of rides. I'll have to keep an eye on them.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Once in awhile, my Tech 8 buckles get hard to remove and I talk a drop of oil and put it on the plastic piece that rubs against the metal buckle and they unfasten alot easier.

lobotomy

May 8, 2001
Nothing but problems with my '01 Formas. I've replaced both soles twice. I have to use a rock to pound my buckles into place and then have to pry them loose. The stitching is blown. Serious bad mojo!

Elk, is there any trick to getting Fox to continue replacing them? The local shop has helped out in the past, but I get the feeling they're tired of seeing me walk in with my boots all the time. :eek:

Top Bottom