Fox Valley Off-Road (Wedron, IL) Spring Fling

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Gerhard is doing the rain dance, or the no-rain dance? The expected rain plot shows Wednesday evening it should be done? But, the Chicago tv stations are like racer x information?

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Rooster said:
:fft:

I hate this thread. You guys all suck.

Damn, how I miss the Wardy weekends. Good times, good food and good riding.

Have a good one!

Roo

You mean like this???

dachefs.jpg

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
We've had years with plenty of rain, but I never remember a year when we didn't have a bunch of fun. The track dries out really fast, about the time the track starts to get dusty the woods get really good. And, some times they run the water truck on the track too.

The Suzuki is all back together. I'm not sure if the new spring is going to be much better than the old, but I ruined the old one so at least I can ride it again.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
we may not be able to park in the east grassy area, it is really really soft! but can use all the gravel around the office.
it had rained all night. more on friday night and sat. so likley friday afternoon will be the best?

I will be there to prep the track, (dry it out) thursday. John, call me as you get close I will likley leave you a set a keys, or chili who ever gets there first!

:)

B

biglou

FYI: For those coming in from Iowa, I-80E is closed at the Mississippi river crossing into IL and you will be detoured to take either I-280 or I-74. It's the same distance which ever way you go.

Zoomable map for IA road construction and closings, etc:

http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
wardy said:
we may not be able to park in the east grassy area, it is really really soft! but can use all the gravel around the office.
it had rained all night. more on friday night and sat. so likley friday afternoon will be the best?

I will be there to prep the track, (dry it out) thursday. John, call me as you get close I will likley leave you a set a keys, or chili who ever gets there first!

:)

Wardy, John left at 3am this morning so he wont see your post.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
ok I will likley see him later today then its' been kickin our asss all day today lots of rain. he doesn't stay at the park anyway but the bigger rigs have to watch the soft spots!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
In Indiana
Sign says 135 miles to Chicago
Be knocking on the door in no time

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
MXSparx said:
In Indiana
Sign says 135 miles to Chicago
Be knocking on the door in no time

Movin and groovin! :ride:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
we plan on arriving mid-day Thursday.

Thanks for all your efforts, Wardy! We are lucky to have a place like yours to meet every year!

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Looks like I'll be missing this AGAIN this year. I hate my job, it's really taking a toll on my riding time this year.

If anybody's around sunday, I was thinking of getting my ass kicked at a harescramble just a little west of Wardy's place.

www.wfopromotions.com

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Skunked into working AGAIN. But NO FRIDAY, so I can get there in 2 hours, Thursday evening? Tornado warnings up, best days Thurs, Sat and Sunday. Saturday night in Mendota, without rain? Unbelievable! I am an airbox and silencer away from firing up that rm 370! I think I know where one is idle.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I hope to be at atkinsin myself on sunday only if it isn't raining the whole time, i am not doing another bullcrap rain race.....

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I used to come to these events with new tires. Well, not this year. As a compromise, I flipped the rear tire around on the CR...

If any of you find tire changing "too easy" or "unchallenging", get yourself a Dunlop 756 Race Replica. These tires have a super stiff sidewall...so stiff I run 9 psi, actually it may not even need air? LOL. Once you get good at changing these, stick it in the deep freeze for an hour or two first...

The only reason I still have skin on my knuckles is I was wearing gloves.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Have you done the Atkinson race Wardy? What kinda terrain is it? I'm just getting into these, and have only done a couple of them at your place.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
motometal said:
If any of you find tire changing "too easy" or "unchallenging", get yourself a Dunlop 756 Race Replica. .
WHAT?! Did you lose that mega heavy duty tire lever? :) If I am not mistaken the Dunlop 756 is what we fought with at DW for Tony's son's YZ.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
you remember the lever?! Yes I still have that. Dunlop came out with the Race Replica version of the 756 a couple years ago, may be discontinued now. The idea is a very stiff sidewall and I think its dual compound, so the knobs are a different compound than the rest? Anyway they work awesome but not fun to change. You know the stage where you got the one side off and the tube out and you pry it down with a bar and hit with hammer? Maybe some people have a different/better method. Anyway this one just laughed at me no matter how hard I hit it. Ended up spraying the crap out of it with WD40 and more hard hits and swearing, eventually I won the battle. Regular tire, especially a front would have been about a 20 minute deal including taking on and off the bike.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
THAT was one heck of a storm last night! First severe storm of the year, kinda late for that? FVOR made through also? The ground around here is still saturated from winter!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom