Fox Valley Off-Road (Wedron, IL) Spring Fling

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey is anyone going to Wardys?
Chopper Dave called me this morning and no one is there!!
He is wondering if it got cancelled??
Give him a call if your heading that way, 931-436-1524

Unfortunately I am in Pittsburgh and wont be making it.

Thanks
Zoomer

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
chili is there and sparx is at the motel. more folks are coming in today? gate is fake locked i called he no answer!

left a message.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
i should be able to have the track in good shape by later today need dry time. trails should be ok by tommorow good winds now sunny

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
heck ya we are still coming! Good to hear Dave is coming, hadn't heard from him! We will give him a a call in a bit. Gotta do it before I leave my home area, since I still don't have a nationwide calling plan!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Be there in the morning for sure!!!!!!!

... that's what I'm shooting for too. The storms really screwed up our work schedule. :bang:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
we have a pretty good crew there already. damn near 15? got the track dried out and in good shape and finally got the whoops fixed so they are good. track was kicking dust by 5 likely have to water tommorow!!!! :)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Loaded up and ready, trailer is hooked to the RV, should be there around 10am.

Weather NOT looking good for Friday :(

Wardy save me a big spot on the gravel since I wont be able to park on the grass along the fence like the past.

I need about 55 ft ;)

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
park to the "east" of the office. you will have to back in and don't run over the fire LOL.
or you will have room in the parking lot. it just won't be "close" to the others....

ya weather sucks! but if it does rain alot friday, and is nice saturday I will be able to dry the place out and do what i did today.

FRIDAY
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY IN THE MORNING
THEN SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON. SOME THUNDERSTORMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 70. EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.

Last edited:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
holy crapcakes did it rain a lot Friday! I can't remember the last time it rained that steady for that long. We had some fun anyway, and it was great to see everyone again. What an awesome group of people!

Considering the 1/2 tank that I rode, I have a lot of cleanup work to do.

Since we had leftover food, Jake Steve and I had a cookout when we got home after unloading.

And sorry we missed "goodbyes" to the people still there asleep, we were sort of on a mission to get home.

Did it end up drying out enough to ride Saturday?

Last edited:
B

biglou

we rode. i unloaded and we all rode for a couple hours. then power-washed! rolled out around 3:30-ish, just got home. great seeing everyone again. nice to meet you foxforks. you guys were out riding when i left, i believe. and he put it to us on his 80-something PE. but yeah, it was crazy wet and slippery. i hit the ground more this go-round than i have in a long time. more later. sore. tired. sleep.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Good times, even with the bad weather. Rain is a given when we invade FVOR! It was great to meet folks too! Like OldGuy, Offroadr, Chili, Fox Forks(man was he good on that old PE or what?).

Quote of the week, "I don't care what anyone says, your not clean until you've washed your scrotum." MotoMetal. :nener:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Chili and OldGuy Should have pics forthcoming.

B

biglou

ChopperDave said:
Quote of the week, "I don't care what anyone says, your not clean until you've washed your scrotum." MotoMetal. :nener:
Yeah, and I would have been happy to take his word for it. . . :whoa:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dam I had fun even tried riding again after 4 years off the bike. Maybe by the next time I'll feel a bit more comfortable (and my wife won't start my day off telling me "Don't get hurt before I see you ride at least once" :think: )
I got a few pictures posted in the moto forum but I forgot I had been shooting some waterfalls the day before in the rain and had reset the exposures. I didn't have my glasses along riding so until Chili looked at my camera I didn't know about the exposure :bang:

Scott you guys disappeared pretty fast Saturday morning I took the puppy out for a walk and your RM was leaning on the fence and 30 minutes later you guys were gone :whoa:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Just winding down from unpacking from the weekend. We had a great time, I am pretty sore! Great seeing everyone, Motometal you and the gang were gone before I got out to say goodbye, you actually missed some good riding!

Thanks to Lou and Chili for letting me ride the new scooters! Man that green bike was fun!

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
you guys will make me put a roof over that place LOL. rain seems to follow these rides!!!

but mud riding is riding to! glad you had a good time, you are welcome anytime!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Your efforts are very much appreciated Wardy, even by those of us that didn't get to go this time. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom