Getting Back Into Riding..Need Help!

thumperk

Feb 15, 2005
Hey,

I am a college student looking to get back into the wonderful sport of dirtbikes. I have previously owned a 1997 Honda XR250 and a 1997 Kawasaki KX250 ,but because I have been out of the "loop" (reading all the mags, going to SX every year, etc.) I need a little or maybe a lot of help :think: . I have been researching the 4-stroke MX bikes and because of what I hear and read I have decided to narrow it down to either one of the earlier CR450F's(02-03) or a later model YZ450F(03-04) and plan to ride mostly at the local track with trips to the woods as often as possible. I have ridden a YZ250F and loved it and imagine that a similar feel in a 450 4-stroke would be perfect. I am partial to MX bikes over woods bikes because of superb power and suspension and after owning a prime example of each (I found out XR250s bottom out pretty darn easily). I am 6'4" and about 215, my skill level is moderate. Any info (good or bad years, prices, recalls, engine rebuilds,size of bikes,suspension, typical problems,info on buying used, etc.)

Thanks, ThumperK

Top Bottom