CanadianMike

May 23, 2004
WOW! I am very glad that I found this dirt riders' forum! I used to ride MX, but have been away from the "dirt" for a few years - glad I am back! I am 36yo., and own and operate a coffee/donut shop.

I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, just bought a new Kawasaki 2004 KDX220r, and am starting to really get into the enduro/trail riding.

I would like to find other people in my area to enjoy this sport with - either online or "on bikes". :ride:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
CanadianMike said:
I would like to find other people in my area to enjoy this sport with - either online or "on bikes". :ride:

Welcome to the site ;)

Watch for devries, Peer Lovell, and seancza around the site or click on their names and send them a message. They all claim Ontario as home!

Ottawa is beautiful! I was lucky enough to spend part of a fall there a few years back. It looked like ther were tremendous ride opportunities.

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Howdy, Mike. I'm not too far from you (Montreal region), and am originally from the Ottawa Valley. I think I can help you out with the riding buddy situation:

There are some active clubs in your area. Check out "Bytown Motorcycle Association," (there's a trail ride coming up on June 6), and call Woody at Woody's Cycle in Perth (a KTM ride day is planned for May 30). There's some good riding in the Calabogie area, but take a guide. If you don't mind a drive, check out all the events at www.fmsq.net, lots of events (trail rides, EnduroCross, Enduros, riding schools) in the Laurentians and greater Montreal. Also, you can register at www.endurozone.com to find riding buddies in your area.

I spent last weekend at two friends' private tracks in Shawville, about an hour from you. The conditions are much better this year than last. I hope you enjoy your bike; those KDX's are really versatile and have a cult-like following.

Will

CanadianMike

May 23, 2004
Thank you Tony and Detonator,, I am already making new friends - and hey,, if you are ever going to be coming out to Ottawa, drop me a line :)

Cheers!

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be glad to drop you a line...especially if there are free coffee and doughnuts in it! (1 cream, half a sugar, warm chocolate glazed, please.)

Seriously, those web links I gave will hook you up with some great people and fantastic trails. Don't be shy if you want some introductions.

Will

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom