mxrider443

Nov 4, 2005
I'm looking to get an hour meter for my 06 crf250. I really dont know where to find one, or much about them. I would just like to have one to make sure I do my mechanics on schedule. Appreciate any input.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I bought one last spring at Sears in the lawn and garden section. About 30 bucks. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
There are different ones available, and some do not give blinking service intervals, etc...
Be aware that the blinking service interval thing is a pre-programmed thing set at the factory.
The ones that Yamaha sells as an OEM part is programmed to blink at a 2 run hour service interval, while the model that you get from Sears or a lawn&garden shop are normally pre-programmed to blink at ~25 run hour intervals.

SenDEC makes all these li'l buggers:
http://www.sendec.com/SenDEC+Products+Group/Racing+Products/default.aspx

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
I have the yamaha one on my bike $35-40 canadian, its great. I think it acctually shows the RPMs when being used on a thumper, but dont quote me on that as I didnt keep the package to verify....

jonny

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Formula said:
I picked up a Briggs & Stratton small yellow one for $28CDN from a large farm & tractor type store.

Works great.

That was the one I bought. It's dead now. It died with 13.1Hrs on it. Looks like I'll be trying a SenDEC one. In fact, just orderd it.

mylesc

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2002
I had the Yamaha/ Sendec hour meter on my last bike and I loved it. The electronics are fully potted so vibration and moisture are not a problem.

mxcrash

May 19, 2004
should do, just wrap it 2-3 times around the plug cap near the head. I've got one on my 04 yz450f and my mates win 05 cfr250's also run them

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Masterphil said:
That was the one I bought. It's dead now. It died with 13.1Hrs on it. Looks like I'll be trying a SenDEC one. In fact, just orderd it.

LOL....my SenDEC lasted 0.9 h on my KX125. I bought another one on FleaBay. It was DOA but the seller says he'll refund my money, so back it goes. I have a 3rd one coming- a Briggs! If it goes 19 h., it'll be the winner so far!

So far I'm not impressed with these things.

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
I have the Sendec from Doug Dubach Racing since my '03 YZ450F was new. Now has 39 hours on it and still working great. I paid $30 back then. Well worth it for watching how much time you have on your oil. Just do it!

Top Bottom