john3_16

May 17, 2004
Satch0922 said:
this is funny .......stockers come with 46-49 HP and no one on this website use these bikes to their full potential. If they did they would be far to busy getting ready for tonight's Supercross to be posting here.

But ....that is why we are all here on the net.....acting like big dogs! LOL

True true...But wouldn't that mean that everyone that finishes the SX tonight from 2nd place on down isn't capable of using their bike to it's full potential ?

Look at it this way...Most people can't use a 125 to its full potential but they can jump and do things on a 250 that they can't do on a 125 because of the extra available power.

RC riding a 125 could beat most ama pros on a 250...Put those same 250 pro's on a 125 and watch them get beat even worse..So, they were effectively using the extra power of a 250 even though they weren't using it to it's full potential..

Chris_S

Nov 25, 2002
I don't care how good the CR250's potential is if it requires race gas! Way too expensive and inconvenient when my YZ runs perfect and strong on super unleaded....

Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
john3_16 said:
True true...But wouldn't that mean that everyone that finishes the SX tonight from 2nd place on down isn't capable of using their bike to it's full potential ?

Look at it this way...Most people can't use a 125 to its full potential but they can jump and do things on a 250 that they can't do on a 125 because of the extra available power.

RC riding a 125 could beat most ama pros on a 250...Put those same 250 pro's on a 125 and watch them get beat even worse..So, they were effectively using the extra power of a 250 even though they weren't using it to it's full potential..

ok...... :coocoo:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
pace said:
Ok, I'll bite..

Suspension work is just as expensive as motor mods, no? There's a little more to a 250 than motor, and the CR ergos and handling fit me just fine, thank you.

The cost for the mods you listed was roughly $600 for me. Besides, where's the fun in leaving a bike stock. :moon:

So what you saying, the if you buy the YZ, RM or KX it will need suspension work but the CR wont? :coocoo: :laugh:

Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
bclapham said:
So what you saying, the if you buy the YZ, RM or KX it will need suspension work but the CR wont? :coocoo: :laugh:

Yep that is right! Honda has gotten so good that when you walk in the door they quickly spring and valve the bikes to be set up specifically for you! :laugh: ;)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
bedell99 said:
What is this pick on Erik day??:)

sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind Eric!. :)

dont think i am a Honda hater, if honda had stepped to the plate with financing me, i would have bought the 02 CR250 back in the day. I think the CRFs are great, the best thumpers, just a shame that honda cant make a decent 2 stroke engine- they should swallow their pride and copy the YZ and bolt a keihin on- then i'd buy one in a shot. :ride:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I'll admit that I've only been on this forum for a year, so maybe there was a DRN history of Honda owners trolling YZ and RM threads that I'm unaware of..? :eek:

So what you saying, the if you buy the YZ, RM or KX it will need suspension work but the CR wont?

I'm saying that the CR is generally regarded as a little more universally appealing in the handling department. Just as the RM is in the motor department.

The RM was outranked in handling by the KX, CR, and YZ (in that order) in the exhaustive Dirt Rider test. If I recall correctly because the RM handling suited a somewhat narrow range of riders. So as a novice-class rider, just how much would I have to spend to calm down the nervous handling for Colorados relatively fast outdoor tracks? The CR is not motocross perfection, and neither is the RM.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
pace said:
I'll admit that I've only been on this forum for a year, so maybe there was a DRN history of Honda owners trolling YZ and RM threads that I'm unaware of..? :eek:

I'm saying that the CR is generally regarded as a little more universally appealing in the handling department. Just as the RM is in the motor department.

The RM was outranked in handling by the KX, CR, and YZ (in that order) in the exhaustive Dirt Rider test. If I recall correctly because the RM handling suited a somewhat narrow range of riders. So as a novice-class rider, just how much would I have to spend to calm down the nervous handling for Colorados relatively fast outdoor tracks? The CR is not motocross perfection, and neither is the RM.

dude, you are talking out of your arse. put the mags down and go ride the bikes- you are clueless since youve got no personal experience to back up all the shat you come out with. :cool:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive rode crs and rms back to back IMO the rms handle better not worse.All the talk of cr handling is overinflated IMO, i dont like the latest generation cr chassis i prefer the 01 to be honest.

And i wish we could see these dynos of the engine putting out over 50hp-its just like the TMR kx 310 that had 54hp-we never got to see the dyno even after people e mailed them a few times.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
bclapham said:
dude, you are talking out of your arse. put the mags down and go ride the bikes- you are clueless since youve got no personal experience to back up all the shat you come out with. :cool:

You've ridden the 2005 CR250 then? That is, after all the topic of this thread. Not the 2004. Not the 2003.

Just who is it talking out of their arse.. :rotfl:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
bclapham said:
no, have you? :|

Ahh.. but I wasn't the one that jumped into the thread and started 'shat' talking about it now, was I? Fact is, my first post in this thread was in response to your trolling, and the few other comments I've made on the subject of the 2005 CR have been limited observations of the magazine tests. Show me the posts where I asserted its domination or claimed that the RM was a pile of ****. I never have done - I'm very happy that complete field of 2005 two strokes is so strong and so close, including the CR and RM.

I just have to wonder what exactly Honda did to upset you so - (beyond rejecting you for financing). ;) There are other CR detractors on here, but their comments carry weight because they are backed by empirical observation. Steve's ridden the bike.. Marcus has dyno'd it... You..?
:bang:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
pace said:
Show me the posts where I asserted its domination or claimed that the RM was a pile of ****. I never have done - I'm very happy that complete field of 2005 two strokes is so strong and so close, including the CR and RM.

well according to your regurgitation of dirtrider, the RM has the worst handling, and is nervous around the fast tracks and they dont sound too close at all, LOL

I will ride the CR soon, and i am done with this discussion. I rode the 03 and it was a dog in the engine, sounds like the 05 is better, but its the same old arguments.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
bclapham said:
well according to your regurgitation of dirtrider, the RM has the worst handling

Nice try, but I made no mention of any of the bikes being far superior to any other in any aspect. Actually the test found them all to be very close, which was the point I was making in my original response.

And my relaying of why the RM scored lower..

pace said:
If I recall correctly because the RM handling suited a somewhat narrow range of riders.

Really man, do you think the members following this thread who are considering buying an '05 CR really care about your unsubstantiated trash talking. Give it a rest, already.

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
pace said:
Really man, do you think the members following this thread who are considering buying an '05 CR really care about your unsubstantiated trash talking. Give it a rest, already.

LOL- you are right i will give it a rest and let everyone decide for themselves; potential buyers probably care more that it detonates really bad than my opinion on its power! Sadly, they wont get many chances to try before they buy since everyone already bought yellow, blue and green already this year while waiting for Honda to polish that turd! :nener: :eek: :laugh:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
bclapham said:
Sadly, they wont get many chances to try before they buy since everyone already bought yellow, blue and green already this year while waiting for Honda..

That part is probably true. Although I don't think the delay was last minute changes, but rather it's evident of a company that is more interested in putting all their efforts behind promotion of the four stroke product line.

It's a good thing (and somewhat ironic), that Yamaha in particular do not necessarily interpret market trends the same way.

Top Bottom