I love our society!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Some dope does anything stupid and it's not their fault. NO! It can't be THEIR fault it is the fault of the manufacturer, the store, anybody but the idiot that actually caused themself harm by doing something stupid. The same idiots that never lost a ball game because everybody is a winner. :coocoo:

Case in point. I picked up a 1990 Ford F150 with 42,000 grandpa miles on it. Super nice old truck but come on now it's 20 years old so the original spare even though it appears darn near new is old and starting to crack. I like my spare tires to be something I can put on and get where I need to go not something that might make it to the next place... maybe.... if it even holds air. So I just put 4 new Cooper ATR's on last weekend and decided to get the spare replaced today. $80 for a new one. WHAT?! I don't want a new one. Heck if the tires that were replaced last weekend were not old and cracked I would have used one of them! Most places will not sell you a used tire because they don't want the liability. I can appriciate that but cripes why should they have to worry about things like that in the first place? Back in the day when men were men of their word and a handshake was good enough this type of crap wasn't an issue. Now in the world of everybody wins and it's never your fault we can't move forward 1/2 a step without some idiot wanting to make life difficult for good people because he's too much of a panty waste to take responsibility for his own stupidity.

I'll head over to the other side of the tracks in the big town near me and I'm sure I'll turn something up from an honest person that most likely doesn't speak english but is just trying to make an honest buck. Not a problem but what a hassle.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Pat, there is a rapidly growing problem revolving around the consumer product for Emergency Locating Beacons, "Yuppie 911". Talk about hitting the taxpayers in the pocketbook. I'll look for the article but these are the same people your talking about.
CLICK

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
East of downtown ... across I35 ... they will fix you up :)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Several places around here will sell you a used tire. . .

But then we're in the Ohio River Ralley. . . if you hear banjos playing, paddle harder.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
that's why you shoulda kept them old tires, or at least one of 'em, and had 'em mount it on the spare rim right there.

Me, I can get by on my spares even if they're only actually tires in the academic sense. They're round and had once been made of rubber.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Got it solved at lunch today. My old tires really were OLD tires, like 20 years old and starting to pull apart so the idea crossed my mind but I really wanted something I could rely on. Slipped on over to the east side of town and came across a place that hooked me up with a decent BFG truck tire for $25. It was funny because after he mounted it the guy tossed it in a big trough of water to make sure it wasn't leaking anyplace. I said "Gee a tire AND you washed all the dirt off" (20 years in Texas will make a tire plenty dirty). The guy never looked at me and said "No eat wuz too sheck for leeks." and as soon as he looked up at me he could tell I was kidding. I'll deal with good folks like that all day long.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, we still sell some used hoops. Seems anymore people are running them into the cords before they come off so there's not many nice ones left. It was easier when there were less sizing options too. Now there's about a dozen rim sizes in various widths and aspect ratios making it almost inpossible to stock and sell used tires. Luckily for you Pat it was probably the very popular 235/75 15....

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
235/75 15!! Them aint no bling bling rims like the Patman rolls on!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Please, not the really honking big clown rims? The ones every crack in the road makes the hood pop up? And go 2 mph over railroad tracks? But, every one looks! Vintage Bob

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rooster said:
235/75 15!! Them aint no bling bling rims like the Patman rolls on!

The odd sizing of the wheels on Pat's vehicle has caused a few issues in the past. :whoa:

DONKeykong%2040%20inch%20rims.jpg

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Nice Rich! We have a few clowns around here too. I have a 315/35 26 hanging from a tree in my yard. Came off a late 70s Caprice. Lime green. Has a split in the sidewall from a pothole.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
235/75-15 is what I roll on and believe it or not it was pretty difficult to find with all the bigger sized tires available these days.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Joe, I have seen that hot lime green car in Gary, Indiana a few times, last summer. It was not seen all winter for some reason? Did it have fuzzy dice in the front window, and some guy sleeping on the door, while driving? Pat, you got off easy with the 75 series, try buying the 70 series! Vintage Bob

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Bob, I think the dice come with the wheels. ;) Not sure what the clown looks like, the windows are black, but I'd bet a paycheck he's laying on the door while driving. Probably on wellfare too.... :|

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
What rational leads a fool to do that to a car, let alone design & build rims & tires as those are. Here's a real world test of worthiness for the jack ars that designed those wheels, give it the "float test". It's quite simple, start by chaining all 4 wheels together after they're removed from that pile, then also chain the designers ankles to the test subjects too, tightly. Next load the " test subjects" into a helicopter & fly it out over the middle of lake Erie at any altitude over 5280 ft, next is to push the "test subjects" out the helo's door. Do the wheels float on 125 MPH air, helping to slow the "test subjects "decent?________ Do the wheels impart some new found sense into the head of the fool designer that went to the effort & waste of materials required for such a pathetic product, during the decent?_________Do the wheels & "test subject" remain floating after hitting the water?___________ :bang:
If any of the answers are yes, the next test is at Engineer Pass CO. or Rubicon Jeep Trail, Ca. (south west of Lake Tahoe) or Millers Jeep Trail, Ca. (in the Los Padres national forrest). Next is the swamp & mud bog test. Any one have any suggestions of a good location for that one? :p

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
We can handle the swamp and mud bog test here. :p

I'm not a fan of anything over 17 inch in most non-performance applications. Give me some 17s with 35s on a 3/4 ton deisel and I'll be happy. :nod: Those little low profile tires are hard on the suspension and occupants. Maybe I'm just getting too old? :whoa:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
I Am Old.....onry At Times Too, Especially If A Lack Of Ride Time Exists..
:ride: :yikes: :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
More like broke.

Top Bottom