RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
James Stewart is the most impressive SX rider I have ever seen. Scrubbing speed how does he do it, and is he the first to start doing this, the comentators during the Daytona SX mentioned something about all the things that he has brought to the sport and mentioned his forward riding style and scrubbing.

kta176

Jan 12, 2007
RacerX did an article recently about Jojo Keller and it showed him scrubbing a 125 at Southwhick, not sure what year it was but it was probably before Bubba was born.

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
RMZRyder said:
James Stewart is the most impressive SX rider I have ever seen. Scrubbing speed how does he do it, and is he the first to start doing this, the comentators during the Daytona SX mentioned something about all the things that he has brought to the sport and mentioned his forward riding style and scrubbing.

One word...McGrath

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Stewart is just the best rider of the present moment. Within a few years some other rider will come out of the Lite Class and challenge him. Thats the way its always been and always will be.
Stewart needs to learn how to not crash all the time before we can speak of him in the same breath as McGrath and RC. I can recall 3 seperate instances where Stewart almost beat himself at Daytona.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Octane250F said:
Stewart is just the best rider of the present moment. Within a few years some other rider will come out of the Lite Class and challenge him. Thats the way its always been and always will be.
Stewart needs to learn how to not crash all the time before we can speak of him in the same breath as McGrath and RC. I can recall 3 seperate instances where Stewart almost beat himself at Daytona.

RV has got my vote as far as the next contender, but i think that Bubba has still got a bright future ahead of himself for a while. i remember one time when JBS did beat himself :nod: , as do we all.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
I never really saw McGrath do much scrubbing but there is no doubt McGrath was great. I've been watching MX/SX for a while, I can only compare him to guys I've watched ie Jeff Stanton, Damon Bradshaw, Jean-Michael Bayle, Jeremy McGrath, and of course RC. I am a really big RC fan. Its really hard to compare past riders to current riders with the constant technology changes. Even comparing RC and James Stewart is hard, James is at the beginning of his career and RC is done. RC takes less chances and James keeps getting faster. RC can definetly run with James and beat him too. But who knows how fast James will become.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
kawicam250 said:
RV has got my vote as far as the next contender, but i think that Bubba has still got a bright future ahead of himself for a while. i remember one time when JBS did beat himself :nod: , as do we all.
RV has a bright future and Ryan Dungy has been impressive lately too. With all the big name people RD has supporting him, he has the best opportunity anyone could ask for.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
He does beat himself a lot, he rides closer to out of control than any other rider out there. I think he will get better at not beating himself very soon. RC always seemed in control and made it look effortless. RC is definetly the GOAT.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
the "Lites" class is made up of two divisions, the East and West. RV races in the West, while Townley, Dungey, and the others you say at Daytona are in the East. its kind of like football and baseball as far as divisions go, and then after both divisions have their winner, they take the top ~10 riders from each division and have one big race, the "All-Star" race ;) .

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
They said on the telecast that JS does most of his fitness training ON the bike, and you can tell. He looks real fluid, like he's one with the bike. Impressive to watch. Watching the old "on the edge" RC was cool too.......unequaled corner speed, but a swapping, scary-man through the whoops. I think all JS needs to work on will come naturally with experience/maturity/track time. He may be untouchable for some time. The real "racing" will be the others behind him.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
like he's one with the bike.
Perhaps you should watch the Daytona main again, clearly there were a couple of occasions where he and his bike argued about which path to take. Either that, or they collectively made the wrong decision and got lucky with the outcome. Everybody knows it's better to be lucky than good though.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I saw his bobbles........Daytona's a tough one. And no, I'm NOT going to watch it again. As for me, I'd rather be good... anyone can be "lucky". Thanks though.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nice job nit picking JS with the help of the 3 bobbles by speed replay and expert commentary! NOBODY can match his speed,not even the GOATE.Face it JS is the next step.(also brought up)I would like to see some slow mo stills of The Bubba Scrub,me thinks he is snatching the bike off the top face of the jump,not done by anybody else as well! Untill RV comes to play JS will be The FOAT,fastest of all time,and his speed is why he gets in hairy situations.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
NOBODY can match his speed,not even the GOATE.
Do you actually think that Ricky is trying to match Stewarts speed right now? That's like saying that McGrath was trying to win races last year (remember him pulling the holeshot on the 250?). RC has a contract in another game (I cannot call it a sport right now), and can't afford to injure himself. He has even stated in interviews that he isn't going to push hard enough to do something stupid and hurt himself.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
stewart is the fastest supercross rider ever. it's that simple. anyone that says otherwise is in denial.

Top Bottom