DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
Take forks off of bike. Send forks to Sage's Street and Dirt for new springs and Gold Valves (do search here for sage). Put forks back on bike. Smile. If you still aren't happy, buy a different bike or retro-fit KX forks.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The KLX forks are more rigid than the KDX forks ( USD vs. conventional) but the internals are basically the same. Don't expect better action from the KLX fork than you would from the KDX fork as they both suffer from the same limitations.

David

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
hi guys yes i have klx300 forks on my 99 kdx200.the only thing it's missing is a rebound clicker,other than that they feel and handle great.i rode 2-3 kdx's w stock forks and worked to a frazzle on my friend's to get the stockers workin to make him happy.so i had a base to compare the two.i have a klx300 also and klx forks with the stock guts may b a lateral move but w racetech gold valves,springs it's sweet.plus all the parts swap over tween the 2 ,caliper ,wheel,axle,rotor etc.take it for what it's worth i feel it's an upgrade,i was never at ease on the stock forks,anyone who has ridden this bike says,wow it don't feel like a kdx(shock was revalved too)

Last edited:

kiwikawa

May 20, 2002
I have put KX125 upside down forks on my '98 kdx220. The bike feels better balanced and now doesn't get stuck in ruts. The easiest way to do this is to change the entire front end - triple clamps, forks, front wheel and brake caliper.

SoderholmD

Feb 7, 2002
Thanks for the great info guys. Where would you locate upside downs for this bike. Did you get them from crashed bikes or old bikes or purchase them?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
just keep ur eyes open ,chk the local swap sheets and ask around.maybe someone is parting one out.the guy who did mine said he saw them advertised.a guy at the yahoo klx group is selling a set of KX forks

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom