kx100 chain guide - block replacement

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Has anyone had to replace the chain guide on a kx80/85/100?  While re-assembling my wife's bike i noticed that the block was worn clear through one of the lower bolts and the other bolt is cut almost in half  (i'm sure that's good for the chain)!   :eek:   I've not had great luck finding (economical) replacement wear blocks for the chain guide.  Anyone have any suggested sources?  I did find the OEM replacement blocks - best price so far was at Ron Ayers (see attached pic) but these are still pretty expensive - $61.52 for the set!!!! (LH & RH)

If anyone has found good (less expensive) replacement chain guide wear blocks - let me know.

Attachments

• kx100 chain guide ra.jpg
    kx100 chain guide ra.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 378

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Maybe see if FRP makes a guide for the kx100? Then you've a source for replacement blocks at a more reasonable price.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Update to this thread:

I went to my local Kawasaki dealer and found two different sources for the KX80/85/100 chain guide blocks:

Moose - $29

UFO - $16  :cool:

I actually found the UFO one by mistake (i thought that i was buying the front swing arm chain guide). 

Either option is much better than the $72 (2 x $36 for the LH & RH pieces) for the stock replacement pieces!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom