wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Not much time left before the white stuff buries us, so I want to propose a last trip. Heres a place that has something great for EVERYONE!
TRAXX

Check it out, and leave some feedback. Im thinking the first week of December if the weather holds out!

Trigger-This is right in your backyard!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Wayne - Don't know about a 'fest or anything, but if the weather is decent I'd be up for a day or two of riding Dec. 1st and 2nd. The warden will be in Houston that weekend for her baby shower.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've used up all of my kitchen passes for awhile :( . So I'll have to pass on this one for now. In the spring though I'll be ready for another road trip! :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Jer has my suspension now so I can't go. In anycase I haven't heard very good reports about Jack Frost. The trails are total rock and on weekends you have to wait in line to ride short "motos". I also heard from several people that theft is a problem there too:eek:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Guys! Yes TRAXX is in my backyard and No! I wont ride there again. The trails are solid ROCK, let me repeat that, ROCK. They are horrible! The theft thing I have not heard about but on weekends there are so many people that you can ride short 15 minute motos. Then sit and wait your turn to ride again. They have a pee-wee track for me and PapaKeith, an amateur motocross track and a full supercross track. Its only 45 minutes fromme but will I ever go there again, Doubt it.

The next best place will be the Paragon Adventure park in Hazleton, PA. I checked out the place with the owner but the trails need to be finished and marked. Right now it is 15,000 acres but another 25,000 acres is going to be added. The terrain is so varied, its awesome, but not finished yet. What i need is feedback from everyone so I know what people want when I help mark the trails. I doubt I will ride anymore this year but It will be great to ride with everyone next year!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I went to Traxx last year, and yes, the trails were rocky. I did like the GP track layout, but waiting to get on it would suck. Ya think theres any chance the quad riders would have flattened some of those trails out? :think

Thanks vetwfo. I hear Tower City is great too. The Rausch Creek park looks very promising. 5 tracks huh? How many miles are the HS loops?

philb

Oct 28, 1999
TC & RC

I have a few pics of TowerCity and Rausch Creek on my picture site. They don't really do it justice, the disposable camera isn't that good, and usually forget to take the good shots while riding. These were taken in August, on a Saturday afternoon. Not too crowded on the MX tracks and Rausch Creek does have a hare scrambles loop, I'm not sure how many miles it is.
Traxx sucks.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Paragon like Traxx?

Trigger-
Do you think Paragon will be that good when they start making new trails? How was the rock situation over there? I think they will have the same rocky stuff when they break ground. It takes years of quads to loosen/flatten/move those boulders. Of course with 15,000 acres they will have alot more usable riding land. That SUV thing seems weird to me tho. How are they ever going to get all those 4WD clowns to stay in their own area? :think
I dont care, I just want to ride. :D

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Wayne'o! Heres the deal. The same mountain range in PA. can differe from extremely in a 10 mile difference! TRAXX is located in a hardwood tree forest and that part of the mountain will NEVER be anything but rocks. Paragaon is in a hardwood/Pine forest only 20 air miles west but the terrrain is varried between rocks, The loosest dirt you ever rode on, creeks, sand and gravel. See what I mean? Tower City and Rausch creek are in the coal regions of PA. Again 20-25 air miles west of Paragon, mixed hardwood/pine forests with lots of rock but in a coal dust based soil. I used to ridetower city before it became private and it would be the the next best thing to Paragon but the edge is totally with Paragon. Second place is far removed from first in this instance. I guess we will just have to ride it in spring and see!!!! Thats a HINT!!

Top Bottom