Need 2-stroke 250 for big guy, pronto!

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Need new 2-stroke 250 for big guy, pronto!

Hello,

I just sold my -03 YZ450F. I have decided to get a new 250cc(left over 2005 or a 2006) two-stroke. I pretty much only ride MX.

I'm not very fast but I have been riding about 8 years 2 times a week. I will jump a 65 ft table on a good day and am faster in the turns and the rough stuff than that indicates :). I have had 2 CR500s(-97,-00), a YZ250 -00, a 520 SX -02 and my YZ450F.

My big deal is that I'm 6'4", 210 lbs. I am in shape. My biggest concern is getting the bike that can be best set up for my size. Suspension is not likely a problem, although some bikes might just be ok without a change of spring rates, which would be good.

Bar height, reach, seat height, peg height are all major issues, and I would like to get the bike that can be best fit me (note that I think that this is not necessarily the bike with the "biggest" ergonomics out of the box, I'm pretty much resigned to get a new bar, bar mounts, seat and footpegs).

From what I have read, the KX would be the biggest stock and quite a good bike overall. However, I am partial to the YZ since I had a -00 before and loved it and I think it is pretty much universally accepted to have the best motor. I can get the KX for a little cheaper than the Yamaha (maybe 200-300 euros = $240-$350).

The RM is also an option, because that is about 800 euros cheaper than the YZ so I would have a bunch of money to do some modding.

Please write about any experiences or suggestions you have about this.

Last edited:

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
they are really so close to each other in preformance. Get the one you want. I like the kx and yz and not so much the cr and rm. This is just personal preference. I own a kawasaki a yamaha, a honda and a suzuki. Yamaha seems to be the cheapest to get replacement parts, kawasaki is a bit more expensive but i love my kawasaki. My honda runs really nice but it is kinda pricey for parts. Cant say to much about the suzuki cause it is older.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Well, I already went ahead and got the KX. Only warmed it up in the driveway, nice to hear again the sound that used to be synonymous with MX pits. First impressions tomorrow.

SADude

Jul 8, 2004
So how big are you?? I ride a KX250 2006, I weight 210Lbs at 5'10"without kit on, the KX really works well for me, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Top Bottom