freakobikez

Dec 3, 2001
I bought a 1993 RM125 for $500 and it came with 2 helmets, jersey, Oneil pants, Thor boots, Gloves, Goggles, extra tire, etc.

Sounds like a good deal? Its my first bike.

The guy thought it needed a new cdi box, but it was a loose wire.
Hehe.

As of now, my bottom end power is suffering (it is missing but when I get into my midrange it clears up) from what I think may be a clogged jet???? I dont know if I should take apart the carb seeing that I have low experience with dirt bikes.

Also, it has the "screw up the choke for idle control" thing on my bike too, and I also have to screw it basically all the way up for my bike to idle without going dead.

Can anyone offer advice? I've already tried fuel additives...

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Wow that is a great deal!
Hi I have a 91 rm 125. I am a beginner and I love it. My RM is set up not to idle at all and it rips. I love the bike. From what I have seen the 125 race bikes have better throttle response when they dont idle. I know nothing about bikes but I managed to take the carb 0ff and clean it then put it back together no problem. Do you have a manual?

I have a 93 YZ 125 that is doing kind of the same thing yours is. I still have not figured out the problem.

Anyway I dont know much about bikes other that they are a lot of fun.

I am sure the guys here will help you but you need to give them more details.

What kind of gas? Have you changed the plug. etc. etc.

Also get a big bottle of carb cleaner and take the carb apart remove the rubber parts and soak it overnight.

Then drain the gas put in fresh premix.

Pop in a new plug and go from there.

Sincerely,

Kingriz1

freakobikez

Dec 3, 2001
Thanks for the advice. I am running pump gas (at 92 octane) and mixing 4 oz. to a gallon of Maxima Castor927... Maybe that will help. Also, I just changed spark plugs and it didnt help>..(NGK) Thats all I can think to add.

Thanks again for the help.

motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
heh heh thats something i just got a 96 Rm 125 for 1300. talked the guy down cus he broke his leg on a 4 wheeler. but yea i really know nothing about bikes but i learn things very fast and the 3rd time i rode my bike it bogged down made a chickle nosie and died. i thought the guy said he put a new topend in there but when i took it apart it looked like its be in there for a while so i ma get new piston rings etc but my Question is why would it bog like that? is it the sign of new piston needed. It was sometimes hard to start in the mornings i mean took like 20 kicks. So I hope its just the piston cuz i havent rode in a while. like 3 months. i just been looking at my bike sit in the garage in parts. i also notice that one of the powervalve's are not working i think one of them are broken. The one on the left opens and closes with no problem the one on the right just sits there. please help me out thx

Top Bottom