YZ125 KID

Apr 25, 2000
Hey DRN!
I am back! sorta....Well I hope to be getting over here more often anyway!
I have had such a hard time with time!
Sorry for not being here..:(...
I have been okay....right now my wrist is messed up...and I do not know how I messed it up :confused:
I think I twisted it on a trampoline bike...:think
But....I turned 15 this year....which means next year I can work and get money and money means I can race! so I am looking forward to that!
I have been getting better at Freestyle!
I'm jumping a 40' double now!(BIG STEP up form the beginning of this year!) I have learened Can-Cans,Barneys,fenderkiss,no handed fenderkiss, front and rear fender grabs, and a little like kung foo thing I do..:cool:

I have a little problem...
and I need your help!(see...now the truth comes out why I am here! jk...)
First off I am home schooled(More ride time!)...
And this year I started high school...home schooled high school(get it?)....
so we signed up with these poeple that are supposed to help you with credits and stuff....like keep track of them and help you set up guidelines..ect..
and the trouble is...they think that dirtbikeing is like...just sitting on your bike and putting around!!
and I need to know where I can get the statistic about how motocross is 2nd to soccer! and no...I am not working THAT hard...but I hope to be next summer!
if I can either get a source or if enough of you guys reply to this saying that it should count as PE! then that would be a huge help!
well its 11 O'clock and I have to get up early tomorrow so....
Thank you all so much for any help!

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Um, I can't remember where those statistics were, but maybe if you video yourself, and maybe let them try riding you bike, they will get the message that it's more than sitting there twisting your wrist.

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
also tell them you would be training. you be able to do drills, running, lifting. anything that would help you on your bike, not just riding.

riding is definatly harder than it looks

YZ125 KID

Apr 25, 2000
Thanks

I have a good picture of just after I got done riding...I will have to give them that...I look like I'm gonna fall over...and I felt like it to!
I will have to get my dad take some video of me and we will give them that!
thats a good idea!
I will tell them that I am training to...thats a big part, I will have to make a list of everything I do..
See the thing is...the lady...has no idea what motocross or MTB or BMX are...and so I say bike..and she says your sitting on your butt pedeling..and I say dirtbike and she says your sitting on your butt and now u have a motor so u don't have to pedel!
So....I think that soon I will go in there and we will have a little talk.:scream:

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
BTW...

World wide... Bicycle racing is 2'nd to soccer, I dont know where MX come in.
And I dont know how you would ever get more than a PE/ health credit for it. Do public schools give credit for football, basketball, or any other sport?? Thats considered "extracurricular activity"

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Well the last time I checked, Motocross WAS THE MOST PHYSICAL DEMANDING SPORT. Soccor was second.

If she gives you trouble, ask him/her to go along with you and try to ride on your bike. Then show her what you do. Tell her it takes skill, strength, and endurance to ride Motocross.
:D Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Originally posted by YZ125 KID

if I can either get a source or if enough of you guys reply to this saying that it should count as PE! then that would be a huge help!
well its 11 O'clock and I have to get up early tomorrow so....

I don't know how much PE you need out there, but if you are serious about MX, you should already do cardio and weights more than any average schoolkid would train at school. Just use that to get the credits.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
This is such a hard point to get across to a non-rider. Two of my friends, both married bring their wives to the track . Both of the wives think all of us that ride are crazy talking about how physically demanding riding is. One of the guys finally gets his wife a CR80. She is now a total believer.

The other wife still doesn't ride and she only knows what it looks like to a bystander. Truth is, it looks easy. Come on, it's got to be easier than riding a bicycle, I mean you've got an engine for cripes sake! ;)

In short, these people have to try it to understand. It defies logic or common sense that this sport can be so demanding.

Maybe soccer is more aerobically demanding, but it isn't nearly as demanding in total. I did one four lap practice and two four lap motos at an arenacross last night. Not only was I gasping for air at the end of each, my muscles ached. Today, my left arm is real sore from the whoops. Of course most of that pain is residual from the 8 hours of desert riding last weekend. :confused:

I've quit fighting this battle. I just smile and wish I could get these type people on the bike.

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
winded after a 4 lap moto? :eek: havent been there since the first time back riding after a 2 month break recovering from a torn pcl. its weird though...usually i can go about 6-9 laps full speed...but once in a while i'll just get into a groove and i can pump out 20+ laps and i'm not even faded the least bit. why is this? maybe getting more fluids into my body during the preceeding week?

as far as motocross being demanding...thats an understatement. i read in dirt ridier magazine that it was second to european soccer, but all they do is run and motocross is demanding on the whole body. motocross should count double credits compare to PE in school. i cant remember ever breaking a sweat in PE, but after a good day of riding i need a towell to dry off with.

and what does any of this ahve to do with the title "not faithful"???

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
With all those sponsors, you better not get winded as fast as a 36 year old vet that has been off the bike for 2 months! :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom