Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Dang-it Terry, one of these days we'll get the timing down right and we'll get to ride together. :(

I know JP. It's been awhile hasn't it.. :ugg:

I'm going to try to put a Corona ride together pretty soon while the wildflowers are still here. It's awesome back in the hills right now. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
2strok4fun, I live off of Weir canyon on the south side of the 91, here's my cell #714-240-3753, call me Sat. and we can plan on following each other out. I'll probably leave around 7ish so I can gather some grub at the bottom of the hill, maybe Carl's or something. Look forward to hearing from you,
Elk

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Wish I could make this ride, but riding with an 11 year old on a DS80 may pose problems. We a had a great time at Starwest today (well, at least I did) ;) . I think riding the pee wee track was more fun than the main.

A note to Tony Williams - I got one of those bogus tickets for driving in the wrong lane while towing a trailer (on the grapevine a few years back), just like the one you've just received. If I was able to make it to the ride, we could probably find a way to get even.

:laugh: :o :laugh:

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey elk small world. Before I move here between Weir and Imperial off of Esperanza, I lived off of Santa Ana Canyon and Weir. Sure sounds like breakfast will work. I am still trying to see if my friend is coming along or not. My cell is 504-1938 I drive a dark blue F-150 supercrew.

looking forward to meeting more DRN'rs

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Originally posted by YZandrew
... The only problem is I've already got plans for Saturday night, and its sure to be a late night. I'm trying to think of how bad my condition will be for riding on Sunday.

I know what you mean. Saturday is poker night at my buddy the beer brewer's house. Let me know if you're going to go for it Sunday. 909 240-7002

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Joker,
I'm thinking of going for it. It'll give me an excuse for being slow. At least it sounds like I won't be the only one that might be draggin out there, we'll just have to stick together. I'll give you a call Saturday.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
2Strok, sounds great, I'll talk to you on Saturday.;)
Holesnot, there ain't no gettin even for you slick, you deserve everyting you get!!:) I'll even get you another one if you come on our ride!:p

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

Holesnot, there ain't no gettin even for you slick, you deserve everyting you get!!:)

Yes, I certainly do. Hang in there Smelk, a decent paying job may come along any day now. :p

Last edited:

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
It rained this afternoon and seems to be breaking up. I'll post a waether report tomorrow morning at 6:30. It has all the makings of and epic riding day!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I love these knicknames you boys come up with for one another:

Holesnot------Smelk-------

How about Blue/banana rider for Elk now that he swings both ways!?!:think: :moon: :yeehaw:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Tony, bring some duct tape and some small water bottles and fill them with mixed gas.

I bought the 2 quart tank that straps on the handlebar crossbar. I'll bring extra oil, and I can drain out of the YZF for more gas.

Bought a new radiator for the YZ125... naturally, I got one for a 250??. I'll make it fit somehow (with hours to go).

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
INTERIOR MTNS/DESERTS... Outlook; Visual Flight Rules, Rain Showers :aj:

TERMINAL FORECASTS:

KTRM (Thermal Airport, close to our ride)

From:0500z (9pm Sat) wind Northwest@9knots, visibility 6miles, light rain showers , mostly cloudy@ 5000 ft.

From:1000z (2am Sun) wind Northwest@7knots, visibility 6miles, mostly cloudy @ 5000 ft.

From:1400z (6am Sun) wind variable@3knots, visibilty 6miles, some clouds @ 5000ft.

From:2100z (1pm Sun) wind Northwest @9knots, visibility 6 miles, some clouds @ 5000ft.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
FORECAST FOR DESERT AREAS
600 PM PST SAT MAR 15 2003

SKIES WILL BE PARTLY CLOUDY THROUGH MONDAY...AND THERE IS ANOTHER CHANCE OF SHOWERS SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...EXCEPT LINGERING INTO MONDAY OVER THE COACHELLA VALLEY. (where we're riding, I've got my Gortex jacket and pants) :thumb:
LOWS TONIGHT AND SUNDAY NIGHT WILL BE THE MID 40S THROUGH THE 50S IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY. HIGHS SUNDAY AND MONDAY WILL BE IN THE 60S TO LOWER 70S IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY.

Also, it sounds like the backside of this front passing through will kick up some wind in the afternoon. :(

Top Bottom