• IMS Pro

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
From the other thread, we've narrowed it down (these were mentioned) to the following pegs, in no particular order:

Pivot Pegz
Fastway F3 Lowboys
ProCircuit Ti
IMS Pro

vote.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pivot Pegs.
-On an off road bike you tend to stand more and having the pegs move with your foot position means more contact area on the bottom of the boot and a wider area to spread the load across (sort of the general idea of wide pegs to begin with).
-Off road you might also encounter steeper climbs or decents where having the peg move would be very benificial.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
PivotPegz, although I am probably not qualified to judge as I havn't tried the others in the poll. However, the principle is a winner in my book, and the quality and after-sales are excellent. The only slight criticism is the teeth are a little dull, but I guess if I was really concerned about that a few minutes with an angle grinder could fix it, but even with the dull teeth my boot seems to stay on better than with standard pegs and feel much more secure. I also seem to be able to have much better control of brake and particularly shifter, plus boot wear is perhaps only 30-35% of what it was.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
It looks to me like the Pivot Pegz could let you inadvertantly hit the rear brake, especially on hard, cased or long flat landings. Any experience with this?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you ride with you foot on the brake lever I can see that being possible. In the short experience I had with them though I had no problem, then again I don't ride with my toes on the shift of brake levers.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Patman said:
Pivot Pegs.
-On an off road bike you tend to stand more and having the pegs move with your foot position means more contact area on the bottom of the boot and a wider area to spread the load across (sort of the general idea of wide pegs to begin with).
-Off road you might also encounter steeper climbs or decents where having the peg move would be very benificial.

I don't know how many enduros you ride but if you stand for 80+ miles and 4 hours you are "da man" My experience is that you sit more than MX. Rodney Smith is a classic example. You have to conserve energy.

PS: I love my Fastway's.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Fred the riding around here is very rocky, lots of rock ledges, dry (sometimes wet) creeks with rock bottoms and the dirt we do have is very sandy and tends to rut easily so standing is more normal that sitting. Can't imagine standing for an entire 80 mile enduro but standing for 80% of a 2 hour ride is not uncommon and standing for more than that on 3 loops of a trials course is the only option as there are no seats :)

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
IMS pros for me, unless you are moving the bikes in shorts. The sides of those pegs are unforgiving. Your boot will not slip off.

I am with Fred T. We dont stand up for 4 or 5 hours. I do stand up a lot more in a Hare Scramble due to the higher speeds. It is more like 2 hour motos, unless you go to this one place in MS, then it is like a 3 hour moto.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah Darin I thought a rag wrapped around the peg (IMS Pro) would be OK when working on my XR. I was waaaay wrong, all the rag did was keep he blood from getting all over the peg and made it easy to grab and wrap around my leg LOL! Lesson learned :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
MX-727 said:
It looks to me like the Pivot Pegz could let you inadvertantly hit the rear brake, especially on hard, cased or long flat landings. Any experience with this?

I've never had the problem with mine but at the Indy Dealer show the guys from PivotPegz were showing a slick travel limiter kit they have now that should cure the problem for those who do.

Attachments

• PP_limiter_kit_drn.jpg
    PP_limiter_kit_drn.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
IMS Pro series. Those things work!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom